Looper pedal with pre set length and midi synced?

Whatever you go with, make sure to look not just at “MIDI sync” but also “MIDI quantize”
A looper that will start at the start of the next quantized bar means you won’t have to be super accurate on the foot switch to avoid clicks.

The first Pigtronix Infinity (not v2) is, indeed, one such looper.
Most, but not all, stereo looping delay pedals, sadly, are not.

1 Like

The Boomerang and Microcosm are quantized but not as far as one bar. Something like 1/16 i think.
The second loop on the Boomerang can quantize until half bar since it is using division of the master loop.

1 Like

Ok this is getting complicated I guess ^^.
I would be curious to try without any midi and only tap tempo.
I could even try this with any basic looper to see if it’s a mess or not.

Why not ? I have to check it out, but rca input/output though, I don’t understand.

Yes I think that’s what I was looking without knowing the word. Thank you.

//////

For now my list would be :

• Pigtronix Infinity
  • Microcosm but used with tap tempo

The Blooper looks amazing but a bit too pricey for me.
I’m going to check out the Kaoss pad 3 too.

you can just get a TRS to RCA cable, or get some adaptors.
MIDI sync has been solid for me, and sampling is as easy as it gets. have in mind that you have a max of 4 bars of sampling - you can’t sample for super long… but if you’re considering for transitioning between songs, it will probably be enough.
In fact, I think I’m about to get a KP3 for a third time (!) since I haven’t been able to sell a pedal I’m not using (Digitech Polara) and it seems like I found someone willing to trade.

1 Like

Ok,
Do you know how the Kaosspad behaves when it no longer receives a midi clock ?
Does it keeps the last bpm sent ?

IIRC, yes… but not 100% sure - I’ll check if I make that trade.
You could of course also set the BPM manually.

H9/Timefactor quantizes to the next beat. It’s also possible to control all looper functions via midi cc and the varispeed and hp/lp filter are pretty cool for transitions. But unfortunately there’s the mono thing…

Do any of the Boss loopers have midi quantize?
Ha! Seems the answer is yes.^^

2 Likes

Really ?
I haven’t found something about the RC5

I’ve heard the MIDI sync on RC5 is not good.
Apparently much better in Electro Harmonix 1440, which is similarly spec’ed

1 Like

All the Roland/Boss loopers function better as the master clock. That has been a consistent issue since the RC-50. And on both of their flag-ship loopers (RC-50 and the RC-300) you could absolutely specify the loop length, in bars, ahead of time, and save those as templates.

Cheers!

Well I checked the EHX 1440 in this video, this guy has clearly some sync issues.
Also the EHX begins to glitch when he plug the midi cable out.
This is something important for me because when the Tracker is loading project B, no midi clock is sent anymore but the looper needs to stay at project A’s bpm no matter what.

OT: :dizzy_face:

Get a Blackbox :blush:

Seems this problem was acknowledged by EHX and a firmware update was supposed to fix it. It’s in the comments of that video, not sure how’s the current status, tho.

RC202 and RC505 have midi quantize, not sure about others.

1 Like

I also thought about an alternative, which could be a dynamic (or duck) delay.
You have it on the Strymon Timeline, the Echosystem, the Flashback x4 or x2,
With the feedback set to full you have something more simple to setup thant a looper.
No double tap to end a loop.
The delay is gated so when the sound stop the delay is triggered.
The only thing is, it last very long (2 beats max I think).

Any updates in this space?

Looperlative LP1 does this. You can set a different length for each of the 8 tracks. It syncs to midi, but doesn’t have transport control so can’t start/stop via midi.

It’s also a rack unit…not pedal

Loopy pro gets a lot of positive press in other threads.
Can it do this?
Curious about what pedal options are for loopy pro…

There’s a software version of one of their loopers that runs on the Mod Duo platform. You should be able to midi map the controls if it doesn’t already support TC.

Anyone experience with modular stero loopers with sequenced sampling?