Loop Point relative!?

i’m trying to use the DT as a granular-synth like machine - but driving slowly through a sample is not really possible as the loop point fixed and not relative to the start or end point

is there any workaround /trick?

Never heard of fixed points, but if you don’t adjust the sample length and only adjust the start point, then the length will be the same no matter where you place the points within the sample.

For example, if the sample from the start to end point is 3618 samples long and you only adjust the start point, it will always be 3618 samples long no matter where you set the start point. But adjust the length and it’ll be short or long as you want.

At least, thats what I think you mean.

Also, if you don’t want a sample to loop, it can be turned off.

I think he means that the loop point doesn’t move relative to the start and end point, it is exclusively set.
I’d imagine only midi control would get you close but again would neeed to be programmed wisely to match the start and end adjustments.

1 Like

you completely misunderstood what i want

you’re right that’s what i’m asking for … i think i will suggest that to elektron

1 Like

It would definitely be a nice toggle option for sure!
Let us know if Elektron HQ get back to you!

exactly what i thought - an option called “relative loop point” On/Off

1 Like

Yeah, separate Loop Pos doesn’t work for this, but it works fine with just a short Length setting, with the LFO modulating Start Point. Granular goodness.

It would make sense to just click the encoder down to lock the loop point, so naturally it would be relative to both start/end, just a simple highlighted graphic would be visually informative with no need for menu diving.

Would be troublesome plocking using this method so maybe something like the filter and lfo trig switch in the trig page could be used, even on that page…

2 Likes