Loop machine for noUW

Hello everyone, I’m considering buying a MD Mk2 noUW. I wanted to know if there is any component or general problem that is frequent to find, also I did not understand if in the noUW models it is possible to record “loops” from the a-b inputs and process them by addressing them to other machines. From what I understand it is not possible to save the samples acquired on this model as regards the loops I have not found information

hi welcome, there’s no “general” problem with MDs but depending on their age and how much they’ve been battered there’s several things to look out for if you have a chance to test.
(there’s quite a few helpful threads here about various MD issues if you do come across one not listed below)

Does the large wheel scroll smoothly through the tracks, sometimes this can get glitchy and erratic?
Are the buttons/encoders seated correctly and scrolling/functioning correctly?
Does it power up with no drop outs? check if PSU is official.

it’s not possible to record/save loops or “acquire” samples on a nonUW unit, however you can get creative with the delay FX.

I’m glad I got a UW, but honestly for as low as some of the non-UWs are going it would be definitely be worth it. It’s an excellent drum synth, and honestly at most I’ll use 2-4 UW-related tracks in a kit, and most of the time they’re doing live resampling, not just sample playback.

I believe the inputs on Non-UW allow you to use input machines to process sounds, and with all the effects there’s a lot of processing power, but you can’t record it in any way.

An Octatrack is obviously a great companion and will cover all the UW stuff and then some, and the Mk1s are getting pretty affordable. Other than that I’m not sure, maybe a Model: Samples?

Thanks for the advice @waftlord. I will try to test it before the purchase, I was just looking at an octatrack to use all my samples as recommended by @hyperstationjr (I was undecided between OT and DT but not wanting to use the DAW with the OT memory anymore I think I will find myself much better).