Looking for mixer advice

Good evening good people. Beginner here, thinking of getting M:S and M:C. I’m looking for advice for a mixer to mix those two and in the future maybe the two Novation Circuits. Any suggestion would be welcome. Thank you!

Do your homework. I’m a fan of Mackie mixers. Yamaha makes some great ones. it really depends on how analog or how you want to control the flow. Are you using a DAW? are you not using a DAW? is this your live setup? is it your studio only setup… Tons of things to think about.

Depends on what you want to do with the mixer? Live jams? Want to record individual tracks over usb? In any case, there’s probably a lot of useful info in the two recent threads on mixers:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, gonna check that out.
My primary would be live jamming, sure i would also record some good stuff coming out of it, but nothing pro, its like a hobby, to ease stress after work etc. Got some years also. My first music making was on commodore 64 like a kid, then trackers on 486 pc, modern daws later… Got a hold on a Quasimidi Rave-O-Lution 309 lots of years ago and had lots of fun with it. But never had experience with mixers. So a few weeks ago saw a M:C video and got blown away with the features, sound and especially the sequencer. Remembered the fun times with the Rave-O-Lution and how easier was to be creative on a machine.

1 Like

I just bought an old Crest XR20 for pretty cheap. Should do the trick

1 Like

So im thinking something in this range: Yamaha MG10XU or Allen&Heath ZEDi-10. Dont really know what all the I/O specs means so i guess its gonna be a week of research to get a hold on that.