Looking for a solution: Please Help

I’m hoping to find a solution for what seems to be an easy fix for those of you who are more experienced with the Analog Keys. Currently using an M-Audio M-Track Quad, Windows 10 64bit 16gb RAM RoG Laptop, FL Studio, Roland TB-03, TR-606, and the Analog Keys.
In looking through some of the forums, others have experienced this and have found “simple” adjustments that seemed to fix things. I’ve tried them to no avail.
I’ve adjusted buffer rates in overbridge as well as changed things from 24bit to 16bit then back to 24bit again.
I’m beginning to think it may be a problem between my keys and my audio interface running at the same time.
I made a video for a different forum, but think it may aide with those of you willing to help me remedy this issue.

I appreciate all of your time in advance.
Thank you,

Skywire

Sorry, I’ve thought about watching your video to see if I can help, but I’m super low on data plan, if you briefly type what the issues is I can check it out, or someone will tackle it eventually… :okej:

2 Likes

Have you tried connecting your AK to the Quad using MIDI cables instead of by USB ?

I am also unable to watch the video so a description of the actual issue would help mate.

1 Like

@skywire : I appreciate you’re using overbridge, but do try testing with MIDI.

My suspicion is that the 2 USB ports on your laptop are possibly a 2-port hub, and that it’s not MTT compliant. So the AK is downgrading the performance of your USB audio interface. It certainly fits the symptoms.

For the benefit of those unable to view the video, he is getting a nasty distortion (sounds like buffer over-run) on all/most audio tracks in his DAW project, if the AK is powered on. (He has his audio interface and AK each connected by USB to his laptop.)

Might be the deal where you need to open the OB control panel, make a change, and hit apply. This should be done before opening a daw. Sometimes just hitting apply resets/fixes the issue…

Thank you for you reply.
I’m beginning to think my usb ports are possibly a hub as well.
I did try midi only, and it works. Some minor issues here and there, but it works great. Unfortunately I am unable to utilize overbridge or audio over USB which really was one of the selling points for me with this synth.

I did try that. Quite a few times. Unfortunately…to no avail.

Yeh that definitely sounds like a USB issue…

if you get an external powered USB hub, and connect one of the devices to that - it may help solve the issue for you - but ideally you want to connect any audio interface directly to the computer… so that wouldnt be the best solution but it may be your only solution