Looking for a replacement trs connector

The headphone jack on the rear panel of my digitakt was damaged. I have looked far and wide for a similar connector with no luck. any help greatly appreciated.

Best just starting with Elektron for sourcing either the part or the spec !

2 Likes

Open a support ticket via https://www.elektron.se/ and they should be able to supply any part you need.

1 Like

the headphone jack is soldered to the lower board inside the chassis - in what way was it damaged and do you have a repair person to fix it? If not, I would also recommend allowing Elektron to do the service because the headphone jack itself will not cost much but installing it, if you are not capable yourself, could be tricky and I wouldn’t want to leave it to some unknown element to make things worse on my DT…

This type of connector is not so uncommon, you could buy one and install it yourself if you get a part number for a TRS 6.35mm (1/4 inch) headphone jack with the same footprint. Elektron will also sell you the raw material part for a few dollars, they’re very reasonable. Their service charge is not cheap though. If it was damaged due to materials flaw, and is still under warranty - they may repair without cost, that’s why I ask in what way was it damaged.

1 Like

thanks, I have already installed one temporarily using wires and hot glue on the outside. I looked through Digikey and Mouser and several other suppliers and I could not fine one that has the same pinout. I will try to reach out to Elektron for parts.

1 Like

if you know how to solder it is honestly not too difficult but don’t overheat the board is my best recommendation. I think elektron will sell you the part at a very good price but shipping will cost 3x the cost of the parts so if you need anything else, now is the time to order it as well.

1 Like