Looking at some inspirational to add to current setup

Hello,

I really happy with my home setup apart from my Typhon Dreadbox atm, it’s an amazing box, but it always sounds a bit out of tune with my current setup and not the sound I want currently, it’s not used much. I will put it to one side or sell at some point.

Anyway I have a DT and DN which I love and a Microcosm and Bluebox 1010 to record oh and a Keystep.

I love the DN most as it’s great for ambient and IDM music. I was thinking of replacing the Typhon Dreadbox with something else, whether is some sort of sequencer to to combine them all and creat happy accidents or something like the Syntakt to replace the Dreadbox for leads and drones, I bet it sounds good when put through the Microcosm.

I’m sure I should be happy with what I have, but I’m after something new to inspire things even more. Any ideas would be great so i can research. I nearly went down the Euro Rack route, but stopped.

Thanks

IMO only getting “new gear” won’t help your inspiration.

To buy without a plan will cost you money and probably get you in a similar situation after the honeymoon phase - just some weeks/months later :wink:

What do you really miss? Particular timbres, which your gear can’t give you? If you can’t tell, I would recommend try to dig deeper and spend more time with the gear you have and buy only, if there is still something missing and you can clearly say, what it is :wink:

4 Likes

Other than wanting a sequencer or synth with a sequencer, your request for suggestions is a little vague and open to a lot of replies simply listing folks’ favorite synths. Mono or poly? Are you after “classic” analogue tones, or deeper patching options which digital synths usually offer? Can you post any examples of synth sounds which you like and want something in that ball park?

1 Like

Now this is a good idea, I’ll see if I can do that.

I know you are right, but I guess I’m looking at something is possibly mono than can do leads and bass, the Typhon just sounds a little off to me and I’ve spent a while trying to fix this, but have read others are the same. It’s a little harsh too. I love sounds from the Novation Peak lately which I know can do leads and basses.

1 Like

This sounds like a good idea. IMO DT and DN will be very well complemented with a Peak. The Peak is very versatile and can do much more than standard basses and leads. It’s great for sound design as well - and wasn’t there a DT for sampling? :wink:

1 Like

What did you think of the suggestions in this previous thread of yours?

3 Likes

Seems to be a semi-annual query:

3 Likes

I’ve ordered a Syntakt and will put the Typhon Dreadbox to one side.