Lock Trigs to Note Trigs - and back again

Hi Everyone,

Another recent happy accident I had was pressing a lock trig, and it changed to a note trig.
Yeah I know basic stuff… but what I didn’t realize is that it kept all the p-locks from that lock trig and vice versa. That gave me an idea.

Disclaimer: This could be the intended and known use of lock trigs, so your excitement (if any) may vary.

I proceeded to use lock trigs to add trigs/beats that I liked on several tracks to “cheat” during performance. I loaded these up with different notes, overdrive, re-trigs, and conditions. Then while the sequencer is running, they worked like reminders on nice trigs to add. I could do the usual ctrl+all stuff, then go to a track and add and subtract beats easily.

You can covert notes to lock trigs which effectively mutes them, but you need to be careful because it’s easy to accidentally clear trigs by holding or not holding [FUNC] . Need some silly rhyme like “Red to Yellow hold the [F]ellow, Yellow to Red, tap instead” to keep it straight.

In step recording mode:
Note Trig = Red
Lock Trig = Yellow
[FUNC] + Trig to place a new lock trig, or to convert an existing note trig to a lock trig
Pressing once on a lock trig coverts it to a note trig

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

I love your enthusiasm every time you discover something new on the dt.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty fascinated with the Elektron sequencer and DT (obviously :blush:).

I did a jam in my home studio last night, and it was so much fun. Each set of patterns feels like a level in a game, and you build up skills to navigate them in different ways.

Loading your own samples into the DT is a good first step, but building up a library of beats you like performing is truly the next level IMO (and I know I’m just a beginner, lots of levels to go).