Lock PATTERN button?

Sup

How do u lick the PATTERN button on tge digitone?
Only have two hands, unfortunately.
I would like to use my other hand :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3: to switch patronen on another device (which is sequencing the digi)
Hopefully this is possible!

It latches for a few seconds by default (same on all Elektrons). Just tap it and you then have a window of time (4 seconds on the Digitone) to press the trig key corresponding to the pattern you want to switch to.

I know.
I want to stay in pattern select mode without having to hold the PATTERN button. Is this possible?

No, there is no latched pattern select mode.

Guess I’ll take the ductape then!

1 Like

While I love some ductape, sending program changes is probably a better idea.

I would like to use my computer qwerty keyboard buttons to send different program changes. I have no idea how to do that.
I have Logic. Does anyone know if this is at all possible?

I’ll have a look and see if Bome is capable

You can use one hand, just press pattern then it gives you a few seconds to press the pattern number.

you just gave yourself the solution?

2 Likes

:+1:t3:

I would wish for a more tongue free option, though.

Still no luck in setting up my qwerty keyboard number keys for pattern switching.
If anyone knows how to get this going, Im all :ear:t2::ear:t2:

I think I have an idea on how to get this working. But I cannot test it as I dont owb ableton live anymore.
Im not sure if my idea will work with a free lite version you get with a. Cheap controller.

The idwa is this:
In session view i can program/automate program changes in different clips, right? And then dusable clip quantization and map each clip to the number keys on my keyboard.
Now my number keys should trigger digitone patterns, right?

i don´t know what your setup looks like, but the DT could still send program changes to other devices, even if it is sequenced by something else.

if your sequencing device can´t send program changes to the DT that is.

You could use Digitone’s multi-map feature for this, triggering patterns:

Then on the computer, make the keyboard send MIDI on the multi-map channel with EasyMIDI, or
Ableton Live, or most other DAWs.

1 Like

But… DT? DN? These abbreviations get thrown around here at random!
Very confusing.
I use a digitone. Is this DN or DT in your Book of Abbreviations?
I dont have a digitakt fwiw (for what it’s worth)
I short, I have no idea what you’re talking about! :wink:

Fantastic, thanks.
So with miltimap I can trigger patterns with a note on message from an external midi source?
I’m not familiar with this feature.

DT = Digitakt
DN = Digitone
DK = Digitone Keys
A4 = Analog Four
AK = Analog Keys
AR = Analog Rytm
OT = OctaTrack
AH = Analog Heat

1 Like

Handy list
However, sometimes people use both DT and DN for the DigiToNe

Yes, they’re not helping with that.
Also, I saw your wink too late…

Yup. Multimap can be used to play different sounds (e.g. a drumkit), different tracks (split the keyboard in 2), or trigger patterns.
You can set a dedicated MIDI channel for it (i.e. your computer keyboard output), apart from the channels of your tracks.

oops, got it wrong. :slight_smile:
good thing it doesn’t matter for what i suggested.

1 Like