Lock mem full: unable to remove p-locks

yesterday i got a few lock mem full messages when i started a new pattern. i wondered, but then ignored it as everything still worked without any problems.
but now im unable to save the project. i tried to remove p-locks but it seems that that doesnt help. i even deleted a few performance p-locks (don`t know if they count too?)

how do i get rid of this?

thx in advance

this is strange. the lock memory is for each pattern, where you can have up to 72 parameters p-locked across all tracks. (up to? yesā€¦ the LFO-depth p-lock takes up 2 memory slots so if you p-lock that youā€™ll end up with less than 72).

itā€™s very strange that you canā€™t save the project! even if you fill up a pattern with p-locks to the max, it should only affect the pattern, not the project, and there is no reason why you wouldnā€™t be able to use or save the pattern either. itā€™s not a problem at all if you fill up the lock mem, you simple canā€™t have more than 72 p-locks in a pattern, is all.

are you shure the message says ā€œlock mem fullā€? maybe your +drive is full, which is the only reason I can come up with for rytm to fail saving a project. or maybe some data is corrupted and itā€™s acting strangely.

btw: the only thing counting against the actual p-lock memory in a pattern are parameter locks on the pages: synth, sample, filter, amp, lfo.

everything else you can lock in a step, e.g. retrig, note, velocity etc. you can have as much as you want.

performance and scene locks are not part of a pattern, they are stored in the kit. you can have a maximum of 48 performance, and 48 scene locks/destinations/whatever you may wanna call them.

1 Like

okā€¦ thx
it definitely says lock mem full. i got my rytm 2 months ago and i just started to upload my own samples, so there`s enough free space for sure.

even when i want to delete p-locks (pressing a trig and pushing the parameter encoder) it gives me this lock mem full message. i already deleted so many p-locks and even deleted complete patterns on a few tracks, but no luckā€¦ still this message.

its really frustrating..... after i gave up on overbridge because of many issues i decided to stop using it. so on friday i started to play with the sequencer itself more or less for the first time. and it was so much fun that i didnt sleep the first night and continued to work on it until sunday without doing anything else.
it was just a bliss!! dont know how many kits and sounds i created, but then the problem started and now i cant save my workā€¦

hmmmā€¦ definitely sounds like something is wonkyā€¦ best contact support!

1 Like

unfortunately i havent solved this problem yet, but i can add a new one to the list: unable to upload samples :slight_smile: next step: i wanted to try to reboot the rytm from reading the manual and the forum im quite confident that i don`t loose my unsaved projects (kits, sounds and patterns are saved anyway), but i want to be 100% sure!

can i do that?

thx

have you tried contacting support?
This sounds like some issue with the +drive to me.

if you canā€™t save a project, and canā€™t upload samples (both need to write to the +drive), it could be that the drive is either full (Rytm does not handle a full drive very well it seems), or the driveā€™s file system got somehow messed up (you would probably need to wipe the drive, losing all your stuff), or worst case, a hardware problem (would likely also lose all your stuff)

good luck!

1 Like

ok.
after rebooting my computer sample upload is working again (restarting C6 didnt help) but only one after one. when i try to upload more samples at once it uploads only the first, but when C6 skips to the next the rytm does nothing despite the progress bar in C6 continues to rise and after its finished it starts with the next.
when i stop the process i have to restart C6 to make it working again??

it`s all very strange. seems like i really have to contact supportā€¦

I just purchased an AR Mkii. I loved the tweak-ability until I met the lock mem full error within two days on a project. Having not had read the whole manual yet, I found some of the answers in this topic and here too. Iā€™m relieved to know that the mem lock restriction is per pattern.

Here is my question - what is the definition of ā€˜patternā€™ in the manual in regards to the 72 number. Is it constrained per Track / Pattern or is it summed up for all 12 Tracks in the pattern? If I read it literally I assume it means for all Track sequences in the pattern.

Iā€™m going to guess that since each track is a sound with a machine then the parameters for each track count as different parameters. For example the Reverb paramater on BD counts as one and the Reverb on Snare counts as two - so that would add up to 12 Reverb parameters. I then realized that having four page patterns can multiply quickly.

Am I right?

a pattern means all 12 sounds in a sequence
(so theoretically you could use all available p-locks with just one sound too.)

Action: Save pattern - lock memory full
observation: After pattern save and quickly before memory full shows up it seems like thereā€™s the window which says pattern saved!

Proof: restart Analog Rytm, voila Pattern still there