Saving / Loading whole project sysex dumps?

Hello, first post here… I’m trying to test how to backup projects to the computer (using a Mac) and so far I seem to be able to save the project fine. When I send the file to the Digitone though, it says it has received all the info (patterns, sounds, settings) but then the project is empty…

I can’t find info on this topic anywhere, so if anyone has managed to actually recover a project from a sysex dump I’d appreciate the help…

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same experience under Windows using C6. Dumping “active project” to sysex seems to work fine, C6 is receiving about 200k data but saves it to a 6k file. Sending the “backup” back to the Digitone results in an empty project. People don’t seem to be using this method for backing up the Digitone, or perhaps nobody cares about loosing their projects (many man hours work).

That seems less likely than this being a case of user error I’m afraid or glitches elsewhere - it doesn’t reflect the general backup facility which many folk are using successfully

The procedure to safely capture complete backups is detailed here for you in the reply to your similar post on another thread

Ideally chose just one thread in future otherwise we get an untidy forum

3 posts were split to a new topic: Exporting audio out of Digitone