Loading samples bug

Hey !
When i transfert my own samples on M:S, via the Transfer software, everything works fine, i can listen to them on the machine, and i can load them manually, one by one, on any track.
BUT, when i try to load a directory, with 6 samples, it’s a mess. It only loads 4 or 5 samples, in a random order, and it also load one or two samples from any other directory.
Very weird… anyone has notice anything like that ?
I’ve tried Factory Reset, but nothing has changed.
And loading a factory kit works fine.
Only my kits doesn’t work…

1 Like

You know the M:S does ordering/loading based on numeric files suffixes ? Section 4.5 in the manual. It’s not fully explained there but it might account for the ‘out of order’ problem you’re seeing.

Thanks a lot, I’ll take a look !

Did you figure it out ? Here’s someone else with similar problem.

Thank you :slight_smile:

not, not really solved.
The numeric suffix help, but there’s almost always one track that doesn’t load or load something else haha

1 Like

There has to be some determining factor other than suffixes then, it can’t be a completely random issue. Anyone?

Alright! Now our disgruntled club has 3 members :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Same here. Out of a 6 sample directory, it only loads 4. That’s in an empty project.
Any solution to this ?

I think that was a bug fixed in the latest firmware.

Try to load the folder. When you see folder with 6 samples just press orange button to load them.

I am on the latest firmware since a few days, and it’s still doing it so i’m afraid this is not the reason :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that is what I am doing. There are indeed 6 samples in the folder, all named correctly. When i load the whole folder, I get a message saying “4 samples loaded”. 2 random pads still keep their previous sample assignments.

Best do a support ticket with elektron then ? I’m sure there was a bug in this general area (numeric suffixes on files) that was fixed, so someone needs to draw their attention to this remaining problem.

1 Like

Cool, i returned it , so i consider the problem “solved” :slight_smile:
Best of luck to whoever still has this issue !

1 Like