Load samples from iOs to rytm mkii

KSorry, I tried the search function but i wasn‘t able to find a clear information. Is there a way/app to load samples (already in the right format 16bit/48khz) from iOs to the RYTM MKII ? Via lightning/usb3 adapter ? STROM doesn‘t do that, right? I saw so,ething for the digitakt, so technically it shold be doable?

Why i want it:

i‘m one if the few ipad only users :wink: and i do my field recordings with a lightning mic and from today on as well with my new tascam dr-22 which has wifi and is able to transfer the recordings to the ipad
(Which is great becaus i can rename/organise/cut/edit files on the field). Would be fantastic to transfer the stuff directly to the rytm, without the need to do yet another A/D conversion / „resampling“

Strom does it

really ? was i really to stupid to understand it ?
i’ll try it right away. Thank you !

Strom may not be working if you are on the current firmware of the ar.

2 Likes

Oh… thx for the info.

I‘ve purchased it anyway. Itˋs comunicating with the rytm mkii and also the sample transfer progress is shown - but nothing arrives/appears on the rytm…

1 Like

I think void needs to update it to be compatible with the new Sysex structure

3 Likes

Does that new-ish browser-based sample manager thingy someone on this board made (for digitakt originally) work with the rytm mk II?

Yes, it should.

1 Like

just tried now on 1.45 AR mkI, it totally works!!! I’m buying @mzero a beer for sure!

2 Likes

which tool is it ?

oh… it’s browser based so no solution for my ipad

Ahh, didn’t realize iOS browser does not support uploading from the files app yet. my bad

well it does, but the needed web-midi protocol is not supported.

There is a web MIDI browser on the iOS app store. I haven’t had the opportunity to try it… But if you’re brave… you might.

3 Likes

i am :slight_smile: !
thnx; i’ll get back to you with some feedbach

1 Like

Almost ! :wink:

i wonder if this would be the same with mk1 latest firmware. i am waiting with updating untill i know. but it s very silent around Strom

1 Like

Does anyone know if Strom Sample upload still works on current firmware for Rytm mk1?

I don’t think so, voids needs to do a quick update to address the changes they made

1 Like