I’m owning a Livetrak 12 and since my studio is growing I don’t have enought channels left for all the devices. So I need a new solution and maybe you have some recommendations.
What I like about the Livetrake (in order):
- Submixes (nice when you are doing music with a friend and you dont want to hear the same sinewave again and again while he is fiddling)
- Recording on SD card (nice for having a spontaneaus jam)
- multitrack Audio Interface (I’m not really using a DAW but it could be handy if I will in the future)
What I dont like:
- No FX sends/returns (you need to waste channels if you want a fx track)
- cant get it work wthout being a bit noisy (dont really know what exactly but I have the feeling every thing adds a bit noise to the signal chain. The headphone amps for sure.)
- inbuild fx/compressor (don’t need something like this)
What do I want:
ideally everything tha I liked and nothing what I disliked. Additionally:
I dont have that mouch space and I’m not usig the mixer too often. So I would like to have smaller footprint. Something in a rack format would be great like the livetrak l20. I think maybe its easy as that, because it has everything I like and with the submixout + a stereo channel I have fx send return and everything I want else.
But maybe there are better solutions that I didnt considered yet. I also have a Surface pro 3 so I also thought about just an audio interface with multiple ins and just mix and record on the surface. But not sure if I will miss the handson feeling even if I dont use the mixer that much.
Something like this: the t.mix 16.4 – Musikhaus Thomann would be perfect. You could controll it by hand if you want. You could store it under the desk so it doesnt waste space. And as I am a student it wouldn’t rip my bank account. But it cant record, it doesnt have submixes…soo maybe you have a good hint
Thanks and greets