LIVEN BASS&BEATS Wavetable Groovebox

It’ll go well with behringer edge.
Though all those neon ugly colours might break your eyes.

2 Likes

Sonicware desperately needs better design and marketing team (or just more budget)

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I kinda like the paint job lol. I almost bought a Dreadbox Erebus just because they had that special edition 80’s one…I need to see a workflow video on this Bass&Beats…seems menu dive-y.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of their design and marketing, they know what they’re going for and it’s not like they’re stumbling into it by accident. I like it! If you want clean the Warps, XFM, and ELZ all have super minimal clean designs. My only change would be the bass and beats font, I really don’t like it… Yeahhh the music in this latest video was pretty off-putting but the dancing was top-notch super fun.

2 Likes

If I squint it almost has an Ensoniq Fizmo kind of vibe to the design.

2 Likes

Oh em gee. UI with quadrupled functions…design from hell. And my ears are bleeding from the trailer music. Ppl still listen to Dubstep? I am too old.

Korg is doing it. Modal is doing it. Roland is doing it. Why should Elektron join the Metoo party?

Hmmm, remember this?

1 Like

This thing looks like a mess and sounds like a mess in that demo… I almost want it just purely out of curiosity.

1 Like

I heard it sounds more like the Prophet 5 than the Syntakt does.

2 Likes

Nah the Liven machines look pretty complex in terms of UI but once you get used to using them, they are really fast and fun.

1 Like

Agony to watch, thanks for sharing a true classic of cringe :heart_eyes: :face_vomiting:

The Sonicware videos do a bad job of demoing their gear, but they still slap. They are silly and funny and that is what they are going for. They are $200 music party devices and they aren’t aimed to tempt the erudite aesthetes of the elite syntherati.

Then again, I am the kind of person who bought one of these and loves it…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMOskZG1b0

2 Likes

I am not part of target audience. But enjoy. Whatever makes your boat float.

This promo video is way beyond my understandings, I feel I’m really getting too old for this because I failed to see the irony if any… :face_with_monocle:
I may start to get offended by memes in a few days…:rofl:

1 Like

Hey! where did you find that GIF of me!?

1 Like

This thing looks wild, I kinda like the cheesy old school vibe to it. This would probably be a really fun introduction to grooveboxes for my 5 year old.

I’m in.

Never messed with wavetables before, and I love that it is a drum machine, plus synth.
Plus bringing the XFM around in the car or playing on the sofa has been great. If this is just as easy to perform with as the XFM, there’s lots of fun to be had.

Just please have 808 and 909 kits…

YO, Guess what showed up!

Just a little something that came together quickly this evening.

5 Likes

ooh cool, how do you like it?

1 Like

A little early for a strong opinion for me, but so far so good!

I’ll say there’s plenty of muscle memory that carries over from the XFM, and it has a pretty easy workflow.

The drum kit sounds are better than I hoped, and I think there’s some trickery that can be done by pitching some of the samples if the preset tracks are anything to go by. There’s one of the chill or lo-fi sounding presets I was previewing that had a sampled tone sequenced in the drum track on top of the bass line that was already playing. I think it was at different pitches per step. I need to figure that out!

I also don’t really understand wavetables, and I haven’t done a deep dive into any parameter editing yet.

1 Like