Live setup RYTM and A4: compressor or mixer?

Hi guys!

i’m building a setup with a RYTM and A4 (and dreadbox typhon and ju-06a)
I have all audio outs plugged in a mackie mixer right now.

but I was thinking: would it make sense to plug the audio out from the A4 in the audio in of the rytm, and then run everything through the compressor of the RYTM?

what are your experiences with this? advisable?

Thanks!

It’s certainly possible. You should try it and see if you like it.
Could draw out some very interesting details.

Most important thing is your own opinion. Technically, I don’t think there is a reason not to try.

3 Likes

A small mixer is fine, it won’t brake your back moneywise and if the AR is an mk1 version, you can amplify your sounds as needed. Without a mixer you have to do a proper leveling.

I do it all the time (a4 into rytm, both mk1) it is a simple and powerful setup.

You have to run the a4 pretty high and lower the AR kits a bit, but if you start your projects/sessions/songs this way it is ok to do so…

I also had a compressor between the a4 and AR audio in, which can duck the a4 when the kick hits. This is even better if you want this style.

You can feed your other two synths into a4 and don’t need any mixer this way. It is not the most flexible thing, but usable and can sound very good if there aren’t frequency clashes…

As the others said, try it, no big investment needed, maybe one cable… :grinning:

3 Likes

how did you do this? which compressor did you use?

Fmr Audio
RNLA
or
RNC

you can use the sidechain input with rytm kick out or with a4 cv out

There is more info about it on this forum

1 Like