Live set with Digitakt

It is possible to go from project to project by using a looper
Like kaoss pad 3 (+)
Or pitgronix infinite looper
Or Ableton live

what about a RC 202?

Will work (99% sure)

don’t know if the device is stable enough to sync but you can nudge tempo with the DT right? that way you can sync if its a little off maybe

Within the project
It is difficult to create a perfect 16 Or 32 beats loop
When it is too short, the loop goes too fast
I nudge to correct
I expected it to be annoying
But it gives a good ‘slightly unstable’ vibe to the mix
Like playing with old turntables

I have a lot of turntable experience… So for me it works

With Xone db 4 it didnt work without a computer
Too unstable (very disappointing for the price)
With kp3 it works only without midi connection
The bpm in the kp3 is set manually and matches the elektron boxes for the full 100%
With midi link problems appear

I only have experience with the old (steal) and red boss foot peddle loopers. They were great
Didnt try the new (plastic) stuff
Hip hop people around me still love the plastic stuff
So I dont expect problems

I have some experience with turntables (not a master but i manage to keep things sync)
will look into the KP3 some more… thanks for the tips

Try first with Dt only… it is cheaper. :wink:
This is easier than with tt
You dont nudge the audio, only the midi
So no (Or almost no Because of the reverb) audio pitch up When nudge up

Patern save related question and maybe dumb but… since 104 when we save the Project it saves all patterns right or do I have to do the patern I want to save + FUnc yes ?

I have try’d your trick with the DT works well just need to get some muscle memory for it (i fuck up alot of times still xD) I read here on the forum that you are from Nijmegen… I got my studio in Nijmegen to!

1 Like

I’ve been using the kp3 with the digitakt with no problems with midi. I love how the samples automatically sync to the tempo. Might be one of the better tag team units for th digitakt, imo surprisingly they had some recent updates to the os, and the editor works fine on windows 10 for the kp3. You can get them dirt cheap. Well worth a couple hundred bucks.

1 Like