Live set with Digitakt

Hi guys, digging here but not find a answer. I’m having a live set and thinking to take the Digitakt since OS 104 made it pretty stable for my use mainly samples not much midi going on.
So, to not deal with big transition issues I was thinking of starting for example with Bank A, pattern 1 to …Bank H etc.
Can I perform, sequence this way and change samples etc from all this banks or I will get problems ?
Example I have some samples etc Bank A and when I want to change to Bank B to have another song it will change all sounds I have done ??!

I wanna make a litle performance and this way I can have one project with a lot of songs etc

Cheers

Sounds sensible. How about starting with 1 Bank = 1 Song ? For each Bank, perhaps Patterns 1-4 “intro” variations, 5-8 “verse” variations, and so on ?

As well as being limited to the 128 Patterns, you also have 64Mb of RAM per Project, so whatever samples you want to perform for a given Set cannot exceed that limit.

Yes, that’s what i want to mean. Sorry about my bad english.
The thing here is : can I have several songs this way just in “One Project” ?

Ahh yes. I forget that only Ram thing

Yeah, I work this way for live performance. As a generalisation, the Project has up to 8 Songs, 1 Bank == 1 Song.

Edit: 8 banks, OT has 16 : )

Nice, i understand…
So then when u want to change song u reload a new project !? (New song) ?

No, just transition to another Bank.

For example:

1 Project (1 Live Set)

8 Banks (8 Songs)

128 Patterns (16 per Song)

Hmm and how u deal with this kind of limitation 64Mb of RAM per Project ?

I tend to have One Shots and shorter loops (1-2 Bars max). Exporting full Stems from a DAW will eat up that memory pretty quickly.

I find it gives you the opportunity to reimagine an existing Song for live performance though, I don’t see this as a limitation.

Another thing, when u change to another Bank doesn’t it change the samples when u return to the previous Bank?

If u chance for example Bank B p1 kick doesn’t it change also when I go back to Bank A p1 ?
I cannot experiment now lol afraid of losing what I have stored

Just ensure the Pattern is saved when you’re happy with it. That way, you can always get back to the reverted state (Reload Pattern).

Switching the Bank just gives you access to the other Patterns. The Samples are “pointed to” from the Pattern, so the reference is stored within that Pattern.

1 Like

Example live set:

Example how to transition trick:

4 Likes

Ok many thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome!

How much patterns can I save ? Can I have for example one patern saved for me each Bank ?

Nice vids many thanks

Each Bank gives you access to 16 different Patterns. You can save any of them individually.

In the video I use 16 patterns for a song
But… I right now i go for 8 patterns for a song

It must be possible to use less
Especially Because the sequencer is great for making adjustments on the fly
And then paste the origional pattern back
This makes it possible to make breaks, build ups and all kind of things…

I think is name is david dahl…
Search for Dahl… on this forum
Hè starts with sounds and empty sequencers
And builds his live sets in front of the audience; and hè is great!

1 Like

The samples in RAM is shared for the single Project. So each different Bank uses this same pool of samples.

David dahl