Live recording issue

Hi,
I’m playing my keystep in autochannel mode into the DN and I record a sequence. Great.
But whenever I hit rec and play to record some more, the first trigs that were placed during the first live recording turn yellow, as if it was a parameter that was locked without a note…
It does that systematically on the very first note, and sometimes on others. and it’s VERY annoying… Any clue how I could fix that?

Thanks

Ask for overdub ability to Elektron?
feature-request@elektron.se

What if you press the yellow trigs to make them red?

Thanks for the reply.
There’s no way it’s not something I toggled wrong, any groovebox I had, even the M:C makes it easy to just live record a few notes, take a break, then live record again and add notes on the go!
If I make them red they just go back to the basic C note.

Do you have the issue only with external midi / auto channel?
I gave it a try with DN keyboard. It replaces notes, no yellow trigs. A longer note erases others.
Edit : also tested with external midi, track channel, auto channel. Same result.

Did you send midi messages different from notes? A Control Change can create a yellow trig.

there was a similar sounding issue previously with at least one device iirc … this was fixed in a firmware update, ensure you are running the latest os - and that issue was repeatable with a simple methodical and controlled test

if it’s a bug it’ll likely also be repeatable and then you can share the steps to confirm that this isn’t happening due to the steps you are taking - incrementally adding MIDI to an Elektron sequencer is different to other devices - there’s no way in normal use that earlier layers can be 100% safe from erasure

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.
I’ll have to do some test, yesterday everything was going wrong with the Digitone. Not only this recording issue but one total freeze (and I lost the latest temp save rebooting the DN…) with a screech, and also repeated freezing notes on the arp… Frightening as it’s a second hand and seems in very good condition but gives me these bugs…
I am running the latest OS.
About the notes being erased, I tried again and it didn’t do it anymore… Very annoying as I don’t know if it’ll happen again soon.

All these problem seem to appear when I use my keystep… I set it up to autochannel with the DN, which I read was recommanded. Maybe I’m missing something here…

Check what is sent by the Keystep with a midi monitor (soft like Midiox, Miditest…).
Disable its aftertouch, clock send, anything you can disable exept notes.

Good idea, I think the keystep soft might do the trick. I will try later and let you know !

1 Like