Live record external keyboard and/or ipad synth HELP!

Hi! I am pretty new here and I’ve scrolled through some threads trying to find a solution. But I’d love to hear/discuss what’s going on with my live record problem.

So I have a digitakt and hooked it up with the software Electribe Wave from Korg on my ipad. I have the options of connecting via USB or MIDI and both worked. It’d be ideal if I could record my sound simply via Overbridge. So I connected Ipad to digitakt with MIDI, and usb used for overbridge connection. So far all of these worked, I am able to record digitakt and ipad inputs on my midi channels in overbridge (no DAW involved).

However - I want to be able to live record whatever I am playing on my ipad. I am able to live record with trig keys in chromatic mode in digitakt, also grid mode. IT JUST WONT WORK when I am sending notes from my ipad. WHY??? receive notes are on, midi settings are correct. I don’t really mind if overbrisge has to be involved at all im trying to go DAWless here. OR is it required to have a DAW in order to live record notes? Please help me! any suggestion would be appreciate :slight_smile:

check the channel you are sending midi onto the Digitakt on.
default is 9 or 14, I forget, but its in the manual