Live preview of presets while browsing

Hi!
New to the DN. I searched this forum but couldn’t find the answer.
Is there a way of double pressing the track button, browse the presets and preview the selected preset playing the notes and trigs on the selected track? I mean… I know I can preview the preset by playing in the trigs like a regular keybard but I would like to hear the presets playing the actual notes that the trigs are triggering.

Thanks!

You will have to load the sound onto the track

doing so after you save first will allow you to return if reqd

the way to do it most conveniently is to load the sound by using … Fn + Yes instead of just Yes, this keeps the browser open

3 Likes

OK, not that bad.
The func + yes shortcut helps a lot by leaving the browser on screen.
You only have to remember to save project before start messing with the presets in case you want to undo.

1 Like

it’s easier to Temp save pattern first

also Fn+Yes conveniently

and when you’ve demoed sounds by loading and want to return, it’s Fn+No to restore

it’s a fairly easy workflow

1 Like

I still have no clue of how to use “Save Ptn”.
On my DT and now on my DN I always use “Save Proj” because I don’t find any advantage of using “Save Ptn”. If you save the pattern, mess with sounds and trigs, and then “Reload Ptn” the result is the same as saving project, messing with sounds and trigs, and then “Reload Ptn”, right??

1 Like

It’s in part a convenient temporary save to exploit when using Control All

The save status of various aspects of all the Elektrons needs a bit of care and understanding - if something works for you then all good

It’s just an option, of a few, and it seems ideal for the discussed workflow question

1 Like

I just read in another thread:

And now I understand it. “Pattern Save” is more a performance tool. You can save a pattern temporally and recall this state back at any point without actually saving this state to the project.
I just haven’t gig yet with this machines (Covid, you know) and haven’t had the opportunity to use this feature.

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes