Linnstrument+Modor NF1 Live performance tIB

Here’s a recording of a run through of a live set I played last week at the Optronica festival in Sheffield. Set was played live on a linnstrument feeding modor NF1m through bug ptdelay, with an elitone farm detective and chimera bc16 self playing in the background. There’s no sequencing in the setup at all, and this was played through/recorded live in one take. I ballsed the levels up as it happens, so apologies for the clipping in part three…

See what you think, interested in feedback on this one if you have the time…

Nice set:) I enjoyed this

1 Like

I especially liked the 3rd part (just my preference—no criticisms of the other two). It’s nice to hear Linnstrument music that leans into the the idioms of electronic music instead of trying to get out of them.

1 Like

Thanks for listening. It’s a superb controller that will go anywhere you want it to - I’m certainly no virtuoso so stick to what I know with it. Only drawback in my case is that being hardware based anything I do with it has to be played live, since nothing I have (or know of) will handle MPE.

I’ve been using mine with a modular but I’m restructuring my setup around an A4mk2 and a bit of the modular. I am a bassist and guitarist so the layout is better and the control is a lot of fun. I’ve really moved away from recording MIDI for anything, and editing Linnstrument MIDI would be rough anyway.

For me it’s more that (being able to record the midi) would keep my hands free - I mix/record into a stereo tack live so it’s hard when my hands are tied up with playing to get mutes/variations cued up.

That said it’s one of those limitations that has taken me in different directions - this set being an example. I did an EP too where I embraced the repetition/lack of variation with some playing over a looped microphonic soundbox on percussion which I quite liked for its vague hypnosis.

But yes, I’m similar to you in that I don’t seem to be using/recording much midi these days- one day I’ll revert perhaps…

You have anything out there I can listen to?