Lights out (of sync) Analog Rytm

Hi all,

I’ve just performed the 1.21 Overbridge update on both my A4 and Rytm which went really smoothly, nice work Elektron!

I can’t wait to try out the Overbridge functionality when I have more time.

However when testing the units in stand alone mode after the update I have noticed that backlighting LED’s on the Rytm pads seem ever so slightly out of sync with the audio, it’s not a massive issue but is a bit weird (and off putting) when running.

I have tried reloading my projects but it seems to be the same for all of them and it wasn’t like this before.

Can anyone else confirm if this is happening to them and whether it’s worth submitting a bug report to Elektron?

I know it’s a minor issue but I’m really sensitive to latency after years of recording guitars in DAW’s, it feels like a visual version of hearing yourself echo back on a bad cellphone line (if that makes sense).

Cheers for your time and I hope that others will chime in with their experiences.

Well I have submitted a ticket anyway.

Perhaps some of you helpful people could confirm or deny it on your machines?

Cheers.

Same here, I noticed it during beta too, lights react differently. Don’t know if they are just more sluggish or out of sync though.

Heard back from Simon after submitting a ticket.

I don’t think I filled the ticket in with enough information as they tested the pad hit to audio out and it was the same as the pre 1.21 OS.

It seems out of whack on playback though so I’ll wait to hear back again.

Thanks for responding buddy, always good to know you’re not the only one.

Just the two of us then?

Anyone else?

For anyone that’s interested Olle has confirmed that the UI on the Analog Rytm is running sluggish in OS 1.21 on pattern playback.

It has been reported to the developers.

Surprised no one else has noticed it TBH, still thanks to baxyp for checking and confirming it too.

I guess that getting more than one forum user to check and respond is a lot to ask…

Hey ho.