Life Vs Perception Vs Life

Ok, well that’s cleared that up.

1 Like

Happy to have helped…

1 Like

Portland…?

So I use an aposiopesis in a sentence pointing out that my post got flagged and I’m somehow being condescending?

1 Like

I didn’t realize your post was flagged, nor that was what you meant. I apologize for that.

Another word added to the vocabulary today.

2 Likes

If I tell you it might become fashionable!

2 Likes

I’ve ssen both Real World Portland and Real World Seattle!

The irony is it’s often the rich interloper who moves into a city near some live music venue or whatever that’s been there for 20 years or however long that wants people to get off their lawn.

When I still worked in advertising (as my girlfriend still does) we often contemplated on moving to a smaller city on the coast. We had a couple of them lined up and under scrutiny. Both towns felt like a beach holiday every time we visited them - relaxed, beautiful, slow and to top it off both were considerably cheaper to live in than our current city which is one of the larger ones in Finland (not very large still - just under 200K people live in Turku).

Then I bought the book shop and now we’re basically stuck here unless I decide to sell the shop at some point.

I basically hate this city and the way it’s been managed (old beautiful buildings demolished all the time to make room for ugly concrete lego-houses etc. Some of the protected buildings mysteriously catch fire at night times etc.) Right wing ruled consumerist shit town.

In twenty five years of living in the same city and working in the nightlife I’ve also accumulated a bunch of ”enemies”, people I’d rather never see again. Twats and wankers who make me cross the street, when I see them approaching. Starting off fresh in a new city and leaving all that emotional baggage behind feels very tempting.

But then again I love my shop and my work and a lot of my friends here. I guess we’ll save it for later.

10 Likes

Unless it’s a golf course

2 Likes

Interesting seeing people from across the world complaining about the same things people do here in Atlanta, GA. The wealth divide is truly a universal problem.

14 Likes

Well, a golf course trap a lot more carbon than a desk full of succulents and a threadbare kilim rug…

The reality of owning a regionalized business. I’d love to move and start new beginnings but my bank account and client base says otherwise.

1 Like

So, you had the flee the drum and bass mafia?! Are you in the gear protection program now?

1 Like

You continue to surprise me

1 Like

This.

People fall into the trap of their microcosm. Having lived in big to small cities, I have to laugh at what people complain about.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha! Actually more to do with ex-girlfriends and the dudes they cheated me with. I still get these panic attack type syndromes whenever I see certain people from my past.

Nothing criminal nor violent.

1 Like

I know right, working class and smart.

:exploding_head:

13 Likes

Shhh. You’ll ruin your image.

3 Likes

Living in Vienna where rents are controlled, I’m convinced that’s what makes this city a lively place.

The city being ranked “the best place to live” (or whatever) for several years made buying real estate the privilege of edge funds, basically, but rent control still prevents Vienna to become a new London - Paris - Tokyo - New York.

I love this place <3

3 Likes