LFOs... anger ... Am I the only one?

No P-Locks. It’s Digitone so no scenes.

That’s a triangle wave, not a sawtooth :wink: You’re now modulating bi-polar around AMP volume 0 half a time.

1 Like

Yeah… I’ll try a new project and do LFOs only for a week now. Maybe a chart will be the outcome :smiley:

Try first with saw tooth wave. With triangle it will sound more like it starts loud and becomes lower in volume with these settings.

As mentioned above, can you try to start with an empty project and copy this pattern i to it (and import the samples into the project ). Might be an error in your project somehow.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I got through most of my cup of coffee now.

3 Likes

I’ve just been frightened off getting another elektron box as an “upgrade” from M:C forever.

Not that this is stuff I can’t learn to do … but it seems (to me) a squillion miles away from making music.

YMMV

That’s what I think too. It would be so nice to have for such basic things just a knob. LFO presets maybe (but rather a dedicated knob to save one LFO :stuck_out_tongue: ). But maybe in one week I’m like “hah, only noobs don’t understand LFOs properly – so easy and quick” :smiley:

Every now and again I have to have a “fuck Elektron” week where I just don’t go near any Elektron products. I find it helps with not throwing them at each other.

4 Likes

If it helps any, I get confused by the LFOs and envelops (especially the envelopes) on my Rev2 all the time. They’re almost one-knob-per-function but the interaction of attribute level and attenuation amount still foxes me. And I’ve tinkered with synths at hobbyist level on-and-off for >20years. The most complex is the filter: cutoff +/- env * 2 + keyboard tracking + LFO*4 + audio mod + mod matrix. And I’ve not touched the sequencer yet.

I tuned my Digitone now to A 444 Hz to make some 528 Hz healing meditation music. Maybe that helps with the pain.

5 Likes

For a better understanding and experimenting with the LFO´s you can control a parameter on the DN with a LFO from the MIDI-Track. In this case the changes from the LFO are visible on the LFO destination.

I wish this would be also possible with the LFO´s from the audio tracks.

2 Likes

AMP envelope attack :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s a fantastic idea, mate! I always thought this is the most underrated and forgotten left out feature on all Elektron boxes. Better than blindly walking in the dark.

setting LFO destination to Pitch ALL is a great way to understand what happens as well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I use LFO Destination Pitch to get a feel for what my LFOs are doing :smiley: Very handy!

3 Likes

Same here. Going for a second cup.

3 Likes

That’s indeed the way I should have approached this with TRIG 1st, AMP ATK Env to a high value and then RELEASE to INF.

2 Likes

Or trig length to a length you want or INF. I tend to never use length or release set to INF as it can cause other annoyances. Most of the time better to set the length high and add a trig at the end of that length with a condition and AMP enc attack short. This way it will take over from the initial slow attack trig at the end of it. So the trick here is to use conditional locks in such a way that trigs take over from one another, slightly overlapping with release time for instance. Can become a bit of a puzzle, but it offers more flexibility and consistency I’ve found

If that makes sense :wink:

1 Like

That makes sense. Does this mean: Overlapping trigs take the AMP values over without retriggering but when they don’t overlap they trigger the AMP env again?