Lexicon MX400 - TC Electronic D-Two?

quadraverb, midiverb 2, if you like that sound but don’t want to buy second hand gear, consider a EHX cathedral.

also… checkout this guys YouTube channel. He demos reverb units using the exact same riff with the exact same synth so you get a good idea what each unit sounds like.

2 Likes

Hello, check Yamaha SPX2000
Very cool unit, reverbs and delays are beautiful.

3 Likes

I have had a D2 for many, many years. Back in the day - 2001-ish, it was a go-to FX unit (along with an MPX1) and my definite go-to delay. easy to use, versatile, good quality sound, balanced I/Os, digital I/Os, quality build. Still use it even though I’m almost entirely ITB at this point.

1 Like

Ok I have decided on the FX I’m gonna be using for the Medusa, Mono Station, MS-1 and Crave.
They’re in my basket at Thomann now although one is not available for 2-5 days. I’ll give these 2 a whirl.

Nice price too :slight_smile:

The M-One XL’s are great reverbs. Particular attention to detail in the early reflections. I’ve been touring with two of them in my rack for 14 years. I know a lot of engineers who swear by them too.

Cheers!

1 Like

Just thought these would be ok for using with a couple of mono synths. The price was good so went for them.

Well, they’ll be more than adequate for that application.

Cheers!

I’m thinking of buying an additional fx unit that has SPDIF input / output, so I can utilize the extra input on my Motu UL mk3. So far I’ve been looking at the Lexicon MX400,or MX200, older Lexicon MPX-110 or TC electronics M300. Anybody have any experience with these using with a synth? It will more than likely be used with either a BS2 or Roland Sh01a as an insert effect. Any other fx units with SPDIF that are cheap and good? Thanks

Just the MX200, it’s ok for short tails but long luscious reverbs like the videos above are not happening…

2 Likes