Let's Design Sounds on the Octatrack! (OC)

Hope you enjoy. After finishing the session I realized there were a ton of different techniques I never even tried that I usually do. Slicing up the sample, creating random locks, messing with the amplitude (I don’t think I even LOOKED at the AMP page!)

So maybe I’ll just make a second video at some point with some different source material.

13 Likes

Thanks for doing this! I’m way out of practice with mine and will look at your vid as one of my resources for getting reacquianted.

1 Like

It’s things like this that make me wonder why EVERY synth (or maybe just every synth I own) isn’t a sampler :slight_smile:. This was inspiring and motivating, thanks for making it.

1 Like

of course, thanks for watching :slight_smile: i go pretty fast in this video, so if you have any questions let me know. it’s funny because as I was filming, I felt like I was going too slow but watching back i can barely keep up.

you’re welcome!

1 Like

Great watching. Thanx. “I usually start with turning the rate down”. Perfect. Me too when messing with sampled phrases from movies of whatever. Gives the dirt (harmonics?) that no other machine can. :+1:

2 Likes

Very cool! And glad to see that Elektronauts helped you not worry about naming stuff so you can keep going with OT sessions more efficiently :blush:

1 Like

It’s always good to have your assumptions challenged. I’m generally a very organized person, but this is context where being a little disorganized is actually better.

3 Likes

That‘s how my OT sessions always are. Haven‘t used such sounds in a track though. Can’t think of a place for them. So idk … that‘s why the OT is unused in a corner.

1 Like

I’m very organized too, and while sometimes this is very helpful, even essential, and helped me escape from lots of potentially catastrophic situations, when it comes to music creation this often stands in my way. I learnt that it’s better to loose some work sometimes than obsessing over how to archive/backup everything while the work isn’t even finished yet. If if were that good, I should be able to recreate it anyway, and at least my creative flow isn’t slowed down due to obsessive houskeeping and worrying about instant recall

2 Likes