Let my Rytm go and go with Syntakt?

I saw a boxed black Rytm MK2 go for £819 on eBay very recently. Really great price for a fab product. I’m just waiting to snap one up for £750 or so, and pair it with a Heat. :smiley:

2 Likes

Funny using the AR here since day one of it’s release.

Even with a lot of OverLab I seriously think to add the Digitakt & Syntakt :aw:

Right now on jamming it’s A4/AR or the DN/AH combo.
But with the DT/DN/ST/AH combo it would be a compact jamming set and all sound options available :cool:

Has anyone compared rytm and syntakt soundwise. Even if they share the machines, I think there is a pretty big difference in sound. Syntakt has this clean Sound that the Digitakt has. Shure you can Overdrive it but that does only alter the charakter not so much the clean sound. Rytm seems to be more dark and meaty in general, which is a pretty big deal I think.

2 Likes

i think the same.
I also found the Rytm to sound dark, but not necessarily really meaty.
it had to me a quite narrow sweet spot area. perfect for minimal tech and such.
Syntakt seems to sound way more “open”, and more “colourful and alive” while using overdrive.
would be interesting to hear back from folks who have both.

1 Like

I wonder if we’re going to get any of the upgrades to the analog machines in an update to the rytm. Better tracking on dvco and the cymbal machine. Would be really cool. I’m sure it won’t happen anytime soon but maybe next year or something

1 Like

Any confirmation that the DVCO has better tracking ?

3 Likes

I’ve seen at least 2 people confirming in the many topics created these few days.

2 Likes

Im sure comparison videos will come out soon, otherwise I’ll make one once i get my ST

1 Like

I’ve a RYTM mk1.
I would like to get another one, an mk2, even if I ever get a Syntakt.
RYTM mk1/mk2 and Syntakt are so different (scene mode, performance mode, kits&patterns, samples and quick sampling in mk2, compressor and distorsion, pads, individual outs and something else that surely I’m forgetting) that one can’t replace the other one.

“Replaceability” could only exist based on your needs, not on the objective features of both machines.

3 Likes

When you start sampling internally using the after pressure functions of the pads - you’ll realize their is nothing on the market that can do what ARMII can do.

The scenes and other performance modes make this a much more playable machine then erektrons other drum machine products.

Don’t sweat it. You made the right choice.

Can you clarify what you mean by that? Do you use the pressure pads for Performance parameters and sample the result of that? Or is there something else to do with sampling and pressure pads?

2 Likes

You can do that too, yes.

In the sound settings setup you get 4 paramenters that you can modulate using pressure. Click the encoder to select the target paramenter then turn the encoder to select the amount you want to modulate. I like to use pitch, volume and resonance… modulate with your fingers for some insane sounds. Sample into the machine and then put a trig down for sample playback.

ANother favorite of mine is too latch the retrig on the snare, set sound setting setup pressure target to filter cutoff, then modulate the snare roll cutoff with your fingers for suuuuper dynamic snare rolls… sample and then place trig for playback.

13 Likes

Oh wow, that sounds great. Thanks.

1 Like

yeah dude! Syntak is cool and all… but Rytm pads make it so easy to just bang in a beat quickly. The pads are also velocity sensitive and will give you a more nuanced sounding beat if you want that but you can also used fix velocity if you don’t.

Rytm is what I consider a truly playable drum machine “instrument” that can also function as a groove box, syntact is just a groovebox but without the tacktile controls that would make it an dynamic instrument.

6 Likes

Wow didnt even know this

1 Like

Whats an erektron?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

OMG there is no emoji for that. :scream:

2 Likes

:lying_face:

10 Likes

sort of a workaround emoji :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes