Lemur and 2 octatracks

Thought it might be cool to set up an XY pad controlling both crossfaders on the OTs, slightly modified an existing template and added my XY pad, a couple of physics faders for it and scene selectors, all works great. now my issue is that if I send midi from OT1 to OT2 via Thru to control the fader then clock isn’t sent. Anyone got ideas to get midi everywhere and clock? Using the iPad CCK and a usb to 5pin directly into OT currently

2 Likes

:wink:
http://bavatuesdays.com/files/2012/02/1pong.gif

4 Likes

I think you can via midi tracks, using midi Out instead.
Your using same midi channel?
Maybe a track receiving auto channel, sending another one…

Ha accurate. pong and sound design, two worlds collide. Nice one, I’ll give that a go. I was thinking it might be a merger box deal but I don’t own or really need one currently except to try this. Failing all else I’ll use the Mac as a middleman but I was trying to avoid it. Ive got autochannel on OT1 set to 1 and 2 on OT2, X and Y send to each

1 Like

Yeah I was just thinking about a merger…
@Open_Mike?

Sezare might be onto something with midi tracks, but there’s that business about audio channel blocking midi channel from receiving, but maybe can circumvent with auto channel somehow… :thinking: (can’t devote enough brain power to that right now)

I believe you can set up lemur to be a clock master, from version 5 release notes:

Merger would definitely work… I always recommend midi router boxes like ICM4+, I did not no what I was missing before I got that…

1 Like

Yeah a midi track can’t receive midi if an audio tract has the same channel.
CC Direct Connect checked or unchecked? :sketchy:

The cc from lemur has to get to the audio side, if set to an audio track channel it will block the midi channel from receiving, but what if no audio track channels are set and the auto channel is used?
I can’t really say much more without testing it…

Same. I’ll give it a try ASAP. Who’s sending me an Octatrack?:loopy:
Midi monitor :wink:

1 Like

How to send a second CC48 via midi out, with a new project.

In audio track mode, OT1’s crossfader CC48 can be received with Auto channel and default 1-8 audio tracks channels, independently from selected track.
It doesn’t seem possible to merge incoming CCs to midi out in that mode.

In midi track mode, with default settings (no channels, CC Direct Connect on), OT1’s crossfader CC48 can be received with 1-8 audio tracks channels, but not with Auto channel.
In order to send a CC48 to 0T2 with midi out you have to set a midi channel different from 1-8 audio tracks channels, 9 for example and use a CC48 with 9 or Auto channel.

In both mode, OT1’s crossader sends CC48 with the channel of the track with the lowest number, if it’s channel is not shared with a midi track. By default, CC48 is sent with audio track 1 setting, channel 1. If you set a midi track to channel 1, CC48 is sent with audio track 2 setting, channel 2.

Let me know if I’m wrong but I think in order to send a 2nd CC48 to OT2 via midi out you have to be in midi track mode, and select a track with a channel different from audio tracks 1-8 channels. It can be OT1’s Auto channel, but may interact in audio mode.

1 Like

I’m gonna need a minute to get my head round that, hang on :thinking:

Edit: you’re the man @sezare56! Thankyou, this is crazy

2 Likes

You’re welcome, that was interesting, I had surprises !
I’m still thinking about a 2nd OT, controling the 2 with 1 crossfader, but with a XY it seems crasy indeed ! I have an XY pad on my keyboard…:wink:

1 Like

Yeah I’m really enjoying using the two. Im
Gonna keep playing, I was messing with it with freeze delays set up on OT2(drums). Got it set up with sample chains of 64 on 7 tracks then master FX, it’s so quick to build an original nice sounding groove. On the master the freeze delay is set to different time divisions across different scenes and varying filters so basically when it bounces of the side it locks in different divisions. Then on OT1(Instruments) I have it sweeping the filter. Cant wait to try more. it’s cool cause with friction all the way down the ball keeps moving continuously and I can speed it up or slow it down, and attraction is how quickly it’s attracted to your finger when you touch it. Also it’s multitouch so each finger attaches a string to the ball and the physics I set affect that. Makes for fader tweaking possibilities that wouldn’t be possible otherwise. There’s gonna be tons of ways to use this creatively, plus using it with LFOs :loopy: now I just need some time to explore it. Man I love OT

2 Likes

You mean OTs !
Video ! :wink:

Oh yeah the moving balls… I’ve had those automate the x/y pads on turnado, good stuff…

Maybe when I get everything done, bit busy right now to be making videos but i’ll try squeeze it in when I make something nice with it

1 Like