Launchpad Control XL - Octatrack Mapping

No problem, glad I found it.

Sorry gentlemen, I don’t hang around these parts much any more. Glad someone was able to upload it. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks aswell! I used it for a while but got confused when using the controller live.
So i sold the LCXL and got the Djtt Midi twister instead. Still working on the mapping but the led encoder thingies make it more reliable for me already!
No faders tho… :slight_smile:

Will come back with the mapping and maybe a short demo.

1 Like

Hi guys, does anyone still have the Neil Baldwin mapping there, I really wanted to try it.

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/424

Hopefully this is still in the files section, my old Dropbox link is dead.
If you can’t download it I’ll put it in the files section again when I get home.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi I have been searching for this template file for the Octatrack. All the links in this thread are dead or don’t turn up anything (including Novation’s site) and web searches have proved unsuccessful. If anyone could be of help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

The link above (Elektronauts Files/424) works for me. If you still have problems I’ll try to pm a Dropbox link to you tomorrow.

It works actually, but only in Chrome. Clicking the download link in Firefox didn’t do anything.

can launchcontrol work via usb-usb with octatrack mk2 ?

No, you’ll need a usb host for the launchcontrol

1 Like

Does anyone still have this?

This one?

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/424

Open it in Chrome as it fails in Firefox etc.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @OverUnity! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey!
Novation somehow has updated their site - would you mind to provide your calc syx’es somewhere?
Many thanks in advance!
Wilko

1 Like

bumping this to ask if this will work with a kenton usb host or a iconnectivity interface?

I think they work… I got one of these

There are a bunch to choose from for sure. You just want a usb midi host.

thanks, can you power the launchpad from this? Does the 5V feeds the usb connection too?

I have it running currently exactly like that: LCXL into Kenton Usb Host. From there into Octa. You can even use a usb dongle to connect two (or potentially three, haven’t tried) usb hardware boxes. Haven’t had any issues with that. It powers a LCXL and a Keystep via the dongle.

In my experiences I’ve often needed a midi merger after it: I slave the OT, so whatever you’d sync OT needs to be merged with the LCXL signal… (I keep hoping I’m forgetting something dumb do not have to do this, but I don’t think so)

yes I know the kenton does it, curious about the amazon midiplus as it’s half the price