Launchkey mini Mk3 compatible with Digitakt?

OK, thanks…so i buy this one for error…

Yet another issue with this mess of a midi standard…

2 Likes

I just bought a microfreak (Arturia), and inside the box have to adapters midi pin to mini jack plug…but also its not work with my Launchkey mini mk3, this adapters also its not a type A?

Arturia uses Type B. Same as the Novation Circuit and 1010music blackbox. Unclear why Novation has to support both?

1 Like

I dont know…but the problem is the adapter its so expensive

From now on, in theory, every manufacturers settled to use Type A adapters.

1 Like

I have the same problem with a digitone. Thought it would work with the new Launchkey, but I’d recommend to make the adapter on your own. In my case the Launchy is connected to a Faderfox Controller which has TRS Midi in too. So I hope it works if I just switch the tip and ring connections…

I wanted to ask to the people having bought the adapter and using the launchkey with the digitakt… are you happy with it? does this offers good possibilities to jam and generating melodies? The fact of having to buy the adapter (around >10€) makes me think that maybe is still better to buy an Arturia keystep and I can not really decide…

I just got my LaunchKey Mini set up to work with my Digitakt using a couple of TRS breakout cables going red to black, black to red into a TRS midi B cable

It’s nice having using of the ARP features which are really deep–I was able to map the top row of pads to the the samples 1-8 on the Digitakt through Novation’s online configuration tool thingy—you just map the note to the pad you want upload it to the keyboard, you can also assign cc values to the 8 encoders on the keyboard which is super handy. There’s also a chord and strum mode which I’ve verified works with Digitakt/tone.

If they ever make a mkiv I wish they’d throw on a battery, clock in/out, gate/cv/mod, midi in—it would be pretty much perfect, and also for sure and obviously include the midi cable

2 Likes