Launch Control XL to control A4 MKI

Hey guys,

quick question:

I saw Calcs video

where he controls a OT with a Launch Control XL.

I have a Launchcontrol XL too and would like to use it to control A4’s internal mixer (track levels and FX). I’d connect them directly via Retrokits RK-005 USB MISI HUB.

As far as I understand those parameters cannot be controlled via CCs but NPRM only. The Launchcontrol XL does not send NPRM so looks like there’s no way or is there?

Why does it work with Calcs OT?

Can you not use:

CC007 Volume
CC010 Pan
CC069 Track Level
CC091 Chorus Send
CC092 Delay Send
CC093 Reverb Send

Or did you want to control the FX track?

1 Like

Well, all of them.

the 4 internal synth tracks + both audio in jacks which are nested in the FX track.

Sorry, should have been more precise. Wasn’t that clear myself tbh :slight_smile:

Then you should be fine with the above? (All the FX track’s parameters are controlled via NRPN’s)

No, seems I can’t access Audio In volumes since those are parameters of the FX track (are they exclusively though?). Which are, as you say, NPRM only. That would give me a total of 6 channels which would save me from buying (and having to carry around) a mixer.

But controlling just the standard track volumes is already something, thanks for that!

I’m assuming that is your Ch1/Ch2 Level on your FX track? If so, then yes, controlled by NRPN. Might have to look at other ways and means.

I don’t have an A4 I’m afraid…

yes that’s right. maybe time to pick up a faderfox thingy. anyways, thanks for your help mate.