Last night a Decksaver saved my life

There may have been a red wine incident and a little panic. But my Digitakt is completely safe and sound. Seriously, everyone should get a Decksaver for their precious boxes :slightly_smiling_face:

27 Likes

La de da.

16 Likes

Hahaha. It was from the bargain bin (of Waitrose) :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oxymoron.

7 Likes

La de da.
QED

3 Likes

I swear itā€™s the nearest supermarket! (But I do live in Bath, so thereā€™s that). Sue me haha :joy:

4 Likes

Youā€™re not making this any easier for yourself, are youā€¦

9 Likes

Very litigious, the middle classes arenā€™t they.

18 Likes

So tempted to write ā€œBathā€ ā€œLa de daā€ !!!
Sad thing is I can believe that there are only Waitrose shops in Bath !!!

(The hospital was so nice to work at though - the WI shop had the best toasties of any hospital I ever worked at !!!)

3 Likes

I thought they were telling us their name

Nice save! I havenā€™t much been into decksavers in the past, but I also got one for my Digitakt this year, and it turns it into a giant coaster.

2 Likes

Donā€™t ever apologize for your red wine. Just drink more of it.

4 Likes

Probably still 10 times more expensive than the local wine round these partsā€¦ as you probably recall!

This gives me horrid flashbacks to the time someone spilled a pint on the main desk at The Spitz in the middle of a noisy guitar improv set - heroes that they were, they carried on from their amps alone, even though it was no longer ear-splitting, merely a bit loud. Never has a taxi flown across north London in search of a replacement mixer before the headliner came on so fastā€¦

Hooray for decksavers! Also: cheers!

1 Like

Iā€™m a fan of Decksavers. My Monomachine is worth more than my car, and theoretically worth more than I paid for my (barn-find) sailboat. Iā€™ll probably buy a quartet of PL-2s with my next synth order.

Someone in a different thread commented that they were concerned about the long-term wear & tear of decksavers on their nice gear.

A different option is to focus on the beverage. Obviously I wouldnā€™t suggest that you not drink while synthing. Tea trays / tea boats are a neat way to quarantine your beverages from your expensive electronics. I put a small one like this to the left of my computer at home / work. I also have a larger one that provides a portable stable surface for a beverage on carpet, bed or other less stable surfaces.

I would not recommend doing Gongfu Tea next to your synths. If you do it right, it can get quite messy.

7 Likes

Yeah, we just sold our old car for less than the price of most of the Elektron top-range devicesā€¦

1 Like

A Decksaver saved my OT that was in a backpack while I rode my bike over a covered pothole on the bike lane. I fell backside on the asphalt, my u-lock on the outside of the bag got quite scruffed against the ground while I slid for some meters, quite a bit of damage to the bag. The OT inside covered with the Decksaver didnā€™t have a single scratch or dent.

Pretty good shit.

3 Likes

Sorted. And yes, I picked the yellow one so normality can be resumed with a new avatar for Craig. Go to the proper bargain bin and get the box, take the bags out - one each side. Job done.

9 Likes

Anyone gotta link for a decksaver for my synth?

21 Likes

Tragic would be: red red wiine.(ā€¦)made me forget that I ā€”didnā€˜t put on the decksaveeer(Ub 40 reference)
I have 2 decksavers, but also trashbags help a bit against the dust. The cases for me were always out of stock here.

3 Likes

Would this suffice?

12 Likes