Landscape / Noon, a passive analogue drum/synthesiser

It was this video that got me interested in it again…

To be fair, Sarah Belle Reid could fart down a drainpipe and I’d be off down the hardware store.

6 Likes

I see the Noon and fall in love. Then I hear it and I’m like, ‘oh’.

Someone in a forum said recently they think it has a sound pallette capable of sounding like the Pulsar-23. I would love to hear something dance-y from it.

1 Like

Same. I could see it being used for the higher frequencies and weirdness alongside something else to do the bread and butter sounds

Edit: actually the TR-06 with its five trigger outs would make a decent combo imo

1 Like

Here are 3 recent explorations with Noon, not dancy though @Claid ! Its an immersive instrument and feels slightly “unknowable” but I think that is its strength, lots of beautiful and unexpected sounds are there between the rasberry’s and daffy duck’s , and there are some good kick sounds, I just don’t think it is the instrument to go for if you are making a dance track.

Lots seems to rest on what you are using in the inputs, triggers and gates of different lengths/voltages have very different outcomes. I have so far only used the mono out as I am still getting to know it and I like the inherent compression you get between the tracks doing that. These clips are dry apart from being run through Lives Drum bus

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Really cool demo’s.
If you send a track through the individual outs does it get cut off from the main mix?

thanks, yes it is removed from the mix, but the mixing is kind of esoteric because the track will still sound if a neighbouring CV button is activated to pass on its voltage, in fact taking a voice completely out of the mix has been one of my main stumbling blocks, I am guessing if you don’t use the main outs and only use the individual outs then muting a voice may be easier, but I haven’t tried it out yet

One more, Noon accompanying the Subharmonicon from a couple of weeks ago

edit- using the Subharmonicon sub oscillator outs is one of my favourite ways of triggering Noon

4 Likes

If there was a drum synth like this that had Midi In and Total Recall (and Endless Encoders), I would buy it for exorbitant sums to do exorbitant drums …

Lots of awesome sound snippets on their instaaaa

https://www.instagram.com/landscape.fm?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=ZDNlZDc0MzIxNw==

3 Likes