Korg Volcassette

I had the same reaction when I clicked on the video.

“Please be a rick roll! Please be a rick roll”

2 Likes

Btw, stack overflows April fools is hilarious

Monoprice having a bit of fun as well

2 Likes

Interesting how they’re both cassettes…

3 Likes

Was thinking the same thing, a little to ironic.

1 Like

They should collaborate with transformers and make a Soundwave variant of this in die cast form. Make sure Tomy Takara does it too

4 Likes

i’ve had a portastudio variant within feet of my bed for most of my life so i may be biased but i feel like this would be a best seller for them if they took it serious. put knobs and jacks along the top for the channels, add 2 aux sends and maybe a lil janky bbd built in and then jam a micro sd in there too so u can bounce out hard mixes straight from the tape

3 Likes

I have one of the newer Tascam six-track flash-card recorders, because when I was a kid I wanted a four-track and couldn’t afford it. Ironically, I hardly use it; I thought I’d use it more when I got it, but I found that I absolutely suck at playing along with myself.

(It’s a great little recorder if you need something like that. The DP-006, I think.)

That said, if the Volcasette were a thing, I’d happily buy one for my nephew; we’ve given him two Volcas so far, and he’s quite happy with them. :slight_smile: (Anything that helps him make music and get on my brother’s nerves is a good purchase in our book.)

Saw this earlier and forgot it was the first of April. On the other hand, I feel Korg has been doing a great job marketing for a small musicians. A lot of people here would LOVE the volca cassette. Probably wish Elektron would be the one making though.

1 Like

How on Earth could Elektron make a tape recorder and maintain their essence.

“The amount of cassette tapes you’ll destroy is a feature, not a bug”

2 Likes

an ‘electronic’ tape machine. Something along the lines of the Heat but with record feature.

3 Likes

Dear lord, sign me up for that.

1 Like

So… A Morphagene?

2 Likes

I saw this on Facebook:

2 Likes

Like this?

:grin:

2 Likes