Korg MW-2408/1608 Hybrid Analog/Digital Mixers

I did a quick search here but couldn’t find any listing/Info.

There’s some serious knowledge behind those mixers, I’d love to try/hear one in person.

Edit: Hmm these seem to be geared more toward live sound than recording…

Is anyone using one of these in their setups? The 8 stereo channels on the 2408 are a bit unusual on a mixer of this format. Bit surprised not seeing them get more mention around synth based setups.

They’re on my radar. The feature set looks great for most of my needs. The layout looks nice and clean too. I imagine I’d enjoy using it. Not tested one though.

It’s worth noting that it doesn’t have dedicated aux returns. You’d have to use normal channels - and probably explains the higher-than-usual stereo channel count. The group outs seem to be stereo which would let you do submix stem recording, might be a nice workflow for some people.

That said, my needs aren’t really needs. I borrowed a friend’s mixer with 5-mono and 5-stereo channels, plugged in a few more bits of gear and freaked out with option paralysis. I’ve gone back to just using my Octatrack :laughing:. It may be some time before I look to testing one of these.

really tempted by so many of these features (8 stereo ins!) but still boggled that they didn’t make the USB a multitrack output. is there any prospect (three+ years later) that this functionality could be added in a firmware update? unlikely i suspect but would buy in a heartbeat if it were forthcoming

No idea, but I highly doubt it. It’s a shame because it would have really broadened the appeal of these mixers to be able to send a few more tracks to a DAW.

They still tempt me from time to time when they’re on sale, and they’re probably good matched with an 8 input audio interface, but yeah, hopefully a mk2 will come along.

1 Like