Korg Monologue

spot a preset

Some more monologue demos

1 Like

The tuning seqs are so great.

1 Like

How fast does it do program changes when sequenced ext ? cause everyone says BS2 is super fast at that…and i am planning to use that a lot with DT : )
If anyone did that sort of comparison i would appreciate the advice!

I have both Monologue and DT in studio now. I can test.

Cannot directly compare to BS2, as I sold my BS2 over a year ago.

Haven’t used a bass station. But can confirm the monologue is snappy enough to switch patches each 16th note step when plocked on a monomachine, both with or without internal monolg pattern. I would reckon you would get pretty similar performance adamjay.

3 Likes

Indeed!

Here you go, my friend. Best to see it to believe it.

11 Likes

can the monologue do note slides when sequenced via an external sequencer does anyone know?
I read its internal sequencer can do slides but I can’t see anything about it in the midi cc implementation chart.

Yeah just had a look at the midi chart as well, no portamento on the list so you might be out of luck. Maybe you can get by with pitch bend?

1 Like

: ) Fast enough as it seems… Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Whoa. Kind of want a Monologue now…

This technology is getting out of hand :confused:

1 Like

You can set portamento time in the patch, and then any notes that overlap will glide

1 Like

wicked, sounds good to me :+1:

You can overwrite all 100 patch memories.

It’s just that the first 80 are already populated with patches and sequences.

Fear not! This is not like DSI synths where you have “factory” patch section and a “user” section.
All 100 slots are available to be saved to.

3 Likes

You’re damn welcome! :wink:

(of course I’d never own a synth with only 20 user memories myself)

And sooner than the DT, surely, because RED!!!

1 Like

I can’t confirm. But i can test tomorrow evening if no one else can confirm.

edit, @bradleyallen
just remembered I’m rewiring everything tomorrow , so did a quick test…

Yes, I just sequenced my AK with Monologue.

Furthermore, motion sequencing works as well.
So you can also sequence CC#s to external gear, assuming the external gear has some CC#s that are also in the CC# list that Monologue’s parameters are assigned to.

5 Likes

TL;DR

I have a Microkorg that I bought for the vocoder and cheap simple portable synth. Great so far. I probably would not buy another monosynth though since between that and the Moog and software VST synths, I have enough. Also look at the Microbrute and Minibrute those are great and have lots of dials and knobs for tweaking oscillators, filters and LFOs.

Last night I used my monologue to sequence and control parameters on the Nave VST plug-in, then used its keys to play a long 5 voice phrase on a poly string patch with ableton’s “Analog” instrument plug-in.

Even ML’s switches send MIDI CC#s, and I particularly like using the OSC 1 Octave switch to arm recording of a MIDI clip slot in Live.

It’s a great controller for a hybrid hardware/daw workflow, and a solid interface as well.
It operates as two MIDI devices in a daw, one is the kb/knob controller, and the other is the ML’s DIN MIDI input port.

4 Likes

Sounds like this is just what I was hoping it’d be.