Korg -logue User Oscillators

In reading through the Minilogue XD thread, @jukka lamented that there didn’t seem to be a dedicated thread on this forum to read, track, or discuss the user oscillators available for the Minilogue XD/Prologue/NTS SDK. Since I got my NTS on Saturday (woohoo!) I wanted to start this thread in the hopes that we could share our finds and opinions, particularly since some of the user oscillators are paid and carry not inconsequential price tags!

I will go first!

I have been having some nice fun with this delay effect: Roll-Log 8-bit delay it can add some nice “grit” to the sound and works across a “suite” of three effects that are meant to be chained. It is unusual but very fun to send into something pretty like the Riser/shimmer effect.

The 2DWavetable oscillator in this NTS specific pack is also very nice to add some variation to the sound palette: Roll-Log 2D Wavetable (free NTS pack)

3 Likes

Roll-log’s stuff is great. I grabbed so much of his stuff i actually through him five bucks the last pack i downloaded. The NTS-1 is great esp as an effects processor.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely plan to send a donation, especially since he has made NTS specific stuff. I think some of the more sophisticated stuff would make sense on a Mini- or Prologue, but I am not sure on the NTS.

Of course now I want an XD, so… GRRRR :laughing:

1 Like

Just got hold Tim Shoebridge’s Pluck.V2 (soundmangling.com). Very nice physical modelling osc, sort of Karplus-Strong plus a bit. It’s discounted at the moment (till end of July I think).

1 Like

+1 for Tim Shoebridge’s oscs. My favourite is drone, which on the nts-1 allows 4 notes to sound at a time. With the gate set to open and dialling in some of the great reverb and delays it sounds beautiful. Don’t add any mod fx tho as they crash it, TS says it’s a korg bug.

2 Likes

I wish there were other options to host these oscillators. I think the NTS-1 might run short of resources (I get what sound like quirky artefacts from some of the oscillators) and it’s certainly missing some modulation options. The Monologue XD, OTOH, has too much in it that I don’t want (2 other analogue oscs ? one would be enough) and not enough in other departments (envelopes appear to be a bit limited).

Now if Audiothingies made a host for these in a similar sized package to the MM2 … that I would buy.

1 Like

This Fusion one is pretty clever, integrates with and extends the analog part of the XD or Prologue:

Makes the Minilogue XD (or module) even more attractive.

1 Like

Hmmm

… or use it standalone to provide a complete virtual analog emulation of the Logue VCOs, but backed with a 24dB/octave filter.

The added controls fearure is afaik not publicly available? Did they get access to some behind the scenes version? Or did someone accidently discover something cool?

1 Like

Was wondering the same… Korg really missed out having parameter control of user osc parameters available via anything other than the front panel buttons/dial.

2 Likes