Korg Drumlogue

No. After watching all the videos, I’m underwhelmed both sound and features-wise. Too much stiff competition nowadays for me to be impressed. Doesn’t seem to have anything that is a wow factor.

I should note that despite being somewhat underwhelmed, I will almost certainly buy one when they are in stock and available somewhere with a discount code, or used at a good price. I have counted out other gear before that I ended up really liking once I actually used it. Recent examples would be the Polyend Play and the Roland SP-404.

So are the samples actually stereo or did the video I watch say they were stereo when in fact they are mono but with the ability to pan?

Stereo and you can load your own (it shows as USB drive so no librarian software needed!)

Best (most informative) video so far…1 hour long!

5 Likes

Yes, plus individual wave guide settings per channel. And 4 analog voices. That’s definitely bumping up to SynTakt territory. I’ll admit I’m “flipping the table” on it because I just wish it was a more fully featured Volca Drum, oh well.

Instead it’s a Monotribe S logue

2 Likes

Excellent news, thank you! Having to have a prefix before the sample names is a bit weird but I’m down for some prep.

It would be a good timing for Elektron to release the new update for the Syntakt.

7 Likes

Not so sure…there is more to this, some amazing things have been made (even complete drum machines!) with 1 SDK for the prologue. This is from Korgs Blurb…unlike the Syntakt you will have a complete and powerful poly synth… it’s like a syntakt where anyone can add more machines or fx…

Up to 24 custom synthesizer units can be loaded into the Multi-Engine User section. When selected, a custom synthesizer can be played via the Multi-Engine’s dedicated sequencer lane, as well as via MIDI messages. Each synthesizer can expose up to 24 custom parameters accessible via the encoders and OLED display, each of which can also be modulated via the sequencer’s motion feature.

Being complete synthesizer voices, developers have complete freedom to add any type of internal modulation and articulation they feel like. Polyphonic custom synthesizers are also possible (within CPU resource limits), although can only be played with true polyphony via MIDI.

The User Effects also look very interesting, I have downloaded some of the free FX for the little Nutekt synth that has the SDK and they are outstanding…

For each effect type (delay, reverb, master), up to 24 custom effect units can be loaded onto the drumlogue. These custom effects will appear at the end of the effect list of each type. Each custom effect can expose up to 24 custom parameters accessible via the encoders and OLED display, and can be used in the same way as the internal effects without additional restrictions.

Remember, this is 30% cheaper than the Syntakt…I think it has a lot to offer and will in fact be stiff competition…as a Syntakt owner I hope that encourages Elektron to add more machines including a sampler player :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These will sell like hot cakes. It will definitely be a good kick in the butt for Elektron. Maybe they wont loose their focus as a company, because clearly this is a very innovative product!

Yes, if this had come out before the Syntakt I suspect it would have made a dent in sales…

1 Like

Yeah stereo, but the max sample storage being so tiny and the playback limited to a pretty short AR envelope means you are basically limited to short one shots.

They stopped releasing machines for the rytm so don‘t bet the syntakt will be full fledged…

Interestingly its cheaper direct from Korg UK that Thomann- £529

Korg Drumlogue | Korg UK

1 Like

Thats the beauty of the SDK, 3rd party machines and fx, it has been a massive boost for the prologue etc. There arew a lot of very cool 3rd party developers like sinevibes who will be all over this Sinevibes

Yeah but it just has one slot and the rest of the box is nothing really convincing.

Damn I mean what happend. The Machinedrum hat 16 tracks.

1 Like

Playing around with MS Paint. Would have been so cool if Korg had followed the recent multi-track sequencer pad trend.

3 Likes
7 Likes

if it had an SDK layer on every track we’d be suckin’ diesel, so to speak

:cowboy_hat_face::fuelpump:

4 Likes

Syntakt is out for half a year. Dont think they spent a physical modeling and a sample machine to make it whole.

And rytm shows that they don‘t patch their boxes to their full capabilities.