KordBot

great product, from what I have seen, but it requires patience…

Good luck with that!
Be more like Nov’ 2018 at the current rate.

1 Like

Apparently the kordbot is shipping and yet i havent seen a single video on youtube.

You can see it briefly on Sonic Talk 509.

it’s been about 5 weeks since they mentioned out-sourcing the production with a couple of weeks to get things set up. i expected to see an email by now and i’m in the 600s, but i’ve seen comments from people around 150 who haven’t received them yet.

at this point i’m assuming somethings gone wrong in the production process causing further delay. it’s frustrating, but what can you do except wait.

There are two or three from a month ago.

Gaz Williams got his 10-12 days ago.

fantastic. based on a 2 week ramp up time from their last communication on oct 2nd, they should have shipped up to #300 (not including those already shipped). clearly that hasn’t happened.

1 Like

Some peole, including me have asked on facebook about the status of production in the last days.
Those questions remain unanswered, while other news are released by isla…
Not very satisfying…

yeah, i’m not expecting much, but a quick heads up would take 5 minutes and keep people happy.

1 Like

So it seems I have experienced a two class order system
As my backer number counts 129 it is a indiegogo number and it seems as if it will be served after other backers are served…
wow… I guess doing a kickstarter funding is and will be a one time experience…
I was just told, that I am not number 129 but more like 830…
That is weird… and annoying
I just told them I want to cancel that order… I prefer going into a restaurant and eat and drink for that money instead of this bad experience…

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fislainstruments%2Fposts%2F1694934960538176

“We are currently on schedule to have all KordBots delivered by Xmas. We cannot get into looking up personal order positions and give a personal date to you. Apologies.
Furthermore, Firmware patches and updates have no impact on shipping dates whatsoever. Bill L. Behrendt is working hard on the software development but has nothing to do with physical production of the KordBot.”

1 Like

the wait sucks, but it would be safe to assume that they would deliver the original kickstarter backers (~735 orders) before orders placed after the close of the campaign.

so this must be some kind of knowledge some do have but I have missed…
I was not aware of that when I pledged my bucks in July 2016…
That is a long time ago… and is nothing that is on the front page to be kept aware of…

:scream::disappointed_relieved::fury:

yeah that’s too bad, it closed in march 2016 if i remember correctly. the good news is, it looks like it’s going to be a really good product when it finally arrives, with many more features than the initial concept.

I am working on forgetting the whole thing and look forward to be surprised if it finally arrives…
I will drink a lot to accomplish that
beginning now…

2 Likes

still drinking…
and still no news…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

stopped drinking for a moment to write that as an
indiegogo crowdfunder I still have no message …
5 weeks to the end of year…
I do not care about the Kordbot anymore and will probably sell it after all this painful experience…
but: drinking helps :slight_smile:

What backer number were you?

I’m not overly sure the whole numbers thing is particularly relevant anymore.
According the Brad at Isla Instruments, he had already shipped around 250 a month or so ago, then his update the week before last, stating another 148 were on their way, soon to be followed by similar number in 4.5 days.
I’m Kickstarter backer 382 and i’ve heard nada. I tried to get him to let everyone know what number number we’re up to and got a very vague “maybe later”
I can deal with the waiting no probs. It’s just the obviously inaccurate info we keep getting fed like, they’ll be flying out the door at a rate of 50 a day, etc that’s getting a tad irritating.