KordBot

@faktoid, there is some chatter on the FB group, suggesting that it’s around #60-#70. in an update from isla instruments they did say something along the lines that outsourcing the manufacture should allow them to push out 50 units daily instead of 50 weekly.
myself, I’m backer #500-something so… yeah… you know…

Where can i see my backer Nr ?

Ok, got it:

736 gesamt NR -> 267

Crap, still such a long waiting time, i hope they code the sequencer with interesting functions.

I’m #392 or something and I hope they don’t even attempt the sequencer.

One single software developer + a UI that wasn’t designed to be a sequencer + lots of users going to suggest every possible feature found in all the other hardware sequencers + a physical design that won’t hold up to the constant pounding + existing bugs in the actual core functionality (chords, you know, the main idea of the unit) = long delays in getting any decent updates out. Every hour the developer spends on a sequencer feature/bug/timing issue means an hour not spent on making the chord part better/more stable.

One of the main reasons I ended up selling my Parva(s) was that Brad has been unable to adequately respond and fix sw and firmware issues in any kind of reasonable time. Every release is “I have it running and testing it and it’ll go out this weekend” and months later it’s still not out.

Hardware sequencers are difficult to do right, even in dedicated units. I can’t imagine trying to jam the best of the MAQ 16/3, Notron, Cirklon, Engine, Carbon, and Pyramid into a $300 small plastic box with a display that’s already very hard to read.

thank you for this info.
I just asked in the fb group where we are at.
But no answer until now…
I hope they start soon in pushing out large numbers of Kordbots…

Hmm, i think your are correct about that we shouldn’t raise the bar too high with our expectations, that would lead only too frustration, so far the project seems to be done professional, so one could hope, that they deliver a nice chord /arp sequencer.

Elektron raised the bar very high with their sequencer, that is influencing our wishes of course.

@303abuser @faktoid

Any news?

Anyone…?
Anyone…?
Bueller…?
Bueller…?

nope
zero
nada
I would really like to knwo how high or better say low the last delivered backer number is…
obviously below 130…
On one side it is nice they start discussing future features but that does not speed up the delivery…

meeh… :fury:

Yep, I hear you buddy!
I thought/hoped when he announced he was outsourcing the board manufacturing and he’d be getting 50 units out the door everyday as opposed to every week, we’d all be happy bunnies within the month but obviously not. That was nearly three weeks ago I think.
Gaz Williams on Sonic State got his last week and loves it.
Oh well, patience is a virtue, as they say… :innocent:
(Unfortunately, one i’m starting to run out of…:smiling_imp:)

It’s not so much impatience…
Looking at a - in comparison - big company like Elektron or the small Kordbot manufacturer.
They have something in common, I do not like at all:
They are not very informative.
Yes, there are announcements, but when it comes to a direct question and I have asked in public weeks ago about the state of delivery - there is no answer… I mean, I am not number 1500 …
Same with Digitakt and Overbridge, same with 1.0.5 Digitakt firmware…
The companies have decided not to talk… Announcements yes, but Statements no…
This is a bad habbit…

Kordbot have already announced that their tiny team (I think there are just 2 or 3 of them including the coder) are diligently underway with assembly and delivery processing and will thus not be responding to the hundreds of ‘are we there yet’ emails as each response if another bit of time not assembling, boxing and sending a unit to the courier.

I have to admire their bluntness - stop asking, we have your details, you are in the queue, please be patient:

1 Like

((I haven’t tried this, and I have a Push 1, but iiiiiisn’t it somehow possible to use the Push in plain old MIDI mode? Maybe using the “User” button? I might be dreaming though; feel free to tell me if I am.))

I agree with you on his stance on the obviously endless emails he’s getting from the awaiting customers, but I also think that if one releases a statement saying production will now be ramped up due to outsourcing at great expense to his margins, BUT they’ll be flying out the door at a rate of 50 a day, then people are going to start getting a bit fed up after 3 weeks of silence and still no notification.
@faktoid is in the 130’s, @mokomo you were 58 I believe. You have yours, he doesn’t have is… we don’t need a calculator to do that math, ay.
Just a weekly update maybe? A couple of lines explaining “There’s been a hiccup” or “we’re at 120 now” would go an awfully long way to placate people. They’ll understand that much better than silence and then a new video with “all new features.”
I mean, after all, everyone’s on his side and seriously willing him to succeed. The communication issue is a such a small thing that would get so many people off his back.

1 Like

im also awaiting mine… it is what it is.

In my experience with various companies big and small communication and transparency is a common issue. I have had my best experiences with, in no particular order:

OTO
Audiothingies
Novation

So many companies have left me underwhelmed with their support and communication about the development of their products, often reluctant to provide details about the many issues that affect end users. Off topic but somewhat related is that these days so many products are released in beta versions and often without a clear roadmap for development. In this case, I feel there has been enough transparency and a clear and valid explanation of the delay. I feel more patience is needed with smaller companies so long as the end product delivers and performs as expected.

I am starting to feel like they tried to cram too much in there though lol! I kind of regret jumping onboard now as navigating the gui looks like its going to cause migraine :exploding_head:

audiothingies is one of a kind…
The whole experience with the guy and his product was very good…
I whish, there were more companies like that.

On the software side there is the developer of the Numerology Sequencer…
Great produvt and a very supportive and a friendly guy to talk to…

Same with the developer of the DM2 IOS Drum app. Thumbs up!

He did send out an e-mail end of September saying 6-8 weeks for everyone. That puts us in mid to end of November. I would be frustrated if I was one of the original backers but he did give an updated timeline. Every order that has not been fulfilled will go out in the next 6-8 weeks.

You may but then you lose all the functionality of the scales I believe. It just becomes a plain old controller with a bunch of pads and some knobs.

On another note chordpolypad is a cool app to look into if you have an iPad. It doesn’t have everything kordbot offers but for 12 bucks it’s a pretty sweet sketch pad to write music.

He did indeed, but he also said he’d be doing 50 a day and sending out in batches of 150. As far as I know, there are at least 800 backers and gawd knows how many pre-orders.
Don’t get me wrong, i’ve sat tight patiently for 13 months longer than his initial estimate and I realise we’re getting a lot more than we originally backed. I just thought @faktoid, being the next one in the list that I know of, may have had word.
I don’t wanna appear to be beating on poor old Brad. The geezer looks progressively more knackered each time we see him!

Haha he does seem stressed right? Yeah if I had ordered a while ago I would be annoyed too.

I am annoyed by being ignored when I ask a simple question about the state of delivery or production.
I do keep asking every 3 or 4 weeks about the actual state and by now I did not get a single answer…
I am not too happy about that.
As I have paid in july 2016 I do not care about the money anymore, right now I do not even care if I receive kordbot or not…
But not receiving a short answer to a simple question…
Yes, I am a bit infantile… I do not like being ignored.

meh…

I have visited Islainstruments website about a week ago, saw this and ordered right away. My order number is around 4000. Now after reading this thread I don’t know what to think :open_mouth: