KordBot

:thup:

Absolutely, it appears to be exceptional value for money.
The only problem I have is I canā€™t make up my mind which colour to go for. I would usually always go black but iā€™ve seen a couple of pics in which the black one looks a little bit too shiny and plastic-y and would show up any grubby, greasy finger marks.
First World problems, ay? :wink:

Looking forward to ear about it, I miss the first train, but Iā€™ll be in the next one. Please, make a detailed review as soon as possible. Thx in advance.

Took delivery of mine yesterday (in black). So far liking it a lot, even though no manual yet and firmware is in beta.
Beta belies how much is already available functionalitywise and it is already stable. Though it can be very complex, the design is well thought out and it is easy to see how incremental further development will reside within the existing structure. You can quickly get going with it despite the massive amount of features.

Physically it is amazingly well done for the price. The functionality is already deep - not just for its core purpose for arps and chords, but also the depth of configurability in this first release is huge (for example as regards how you can route din, usb and wifi midi, assign preferred functions and controllers to knobs and buttons, customise scales and note ordering etc). The touchstrip as a arp/chord ā€˜strummerā€™ is going to be great.

It can be used in a variety of set-ups. Iā€™ve already simply plugged it in to send midi to an ipad, DAW and hardware synth. It is a great improvisational tool to play around with progressions and record the output to DAW for further tweaking.
Looking forward to next figuring out how to map digitakt midi in to control and sequence the kordbot surface.

I just hope the kordbot CPU can withstand the abuse people are going to give it, so far no issues.

I expect there will be a lot of useability tweaks in upcoming firmware and the developer has a list of features, such as the sequencer, that are not yet enabled.

7 Likes

Good to hear my friend.
Would you happen to know which number backer you were?

Iā€™m #58

2 Likes

70 to go ā€¦ :slight_smile:
All I need is just a little patienceā€¦ (hummingā€¦)

Thanks.
Iā€™m very envious of you quick off the markness!
382 here and no word on choice of colour or address confirmation.
Iā€™d managed to almost forget about this little beauty but now theyā€™re out in the wild, my patience has gone out the window! :smiling_imp:

I am afraid this will still take a whileā€¦
As I am about #130 and got no info or question about the colorchoiceā€¦
I expect that in the next 10 daysā€¦
Brad is working his as*** off to get things done, as I see itā€¦
And it will be an early christmas this yearā€¦ :slight_smile:

congrats on receiving the little black beauty! ā€¦ may I ask which country you reside in ?

thanks for answer PM if you dont want to reveal publicly where u are.

I am asking because I want to know what to expect from german customs office.

cheers bro!

@mokomo How are you getting on with your new arrival? Any thoughts youā€™d care to share?
@faktoid Any word from Isla Instruments on delivery for you?

not yet :frowning:
I guess it will take a while until I get a notice about color and delivery addressā€¦
I blame it on the hurricaneā€¦

iā€™m really itching for it now that theyā€™ve started to ship. being somewhere in the 600s though, iā€™m expecting another month at least.

Im also waiting for mine, my order is in the 700s so not expecting anything in 2017.

oh wow

I live in West Palm Beach, Florida where KordBot is made. While the hurricane knocked out power to most people (I think 70-80% or more) for many days, life is just starting to feel somewhat normal again. I imagine Isla is working hard on getting back on track, but I can tell you 1st hand it was a very stressful couple of weeks (before and after) where everyone was very unsure of how things would turn out and many (myself included) evacuated the area entirely.

Hopefully this doesnā€™t disrupt things too much in the long haul. I plan on ordering one of these myself at some point. At least the shipping distance wonā€™t be too far. :laughing:

1 Like

Just bought one and here is why. Perfect timing as I was looking for a compact midi keyboard (was about to buy the Arturia Keystep). I use Ableton Push currently for a lot of chord progressions but its bulky and has to be hooked up to Ableton (no bueno). This seems perfect for me! Glad I came across this. What are the exact dimensions of this unit?

I really would like to know what backer numbers are served actually,
This would give a fine overview what to expectā€¦
Right now I have the impression that about 75 or so are served and the rest is stuck in lineā€¦
10 days left in september and still no infomail for the 130iesā€¦

This is a fine device as the movies are stating and worth the waitā€¦
But a little information could light the day :slight_smile:

Owner put up a good post on Facebook about ongoing efforts to deliver quickly. Sounds like heā€™s eating a big cost in order to get the first batches out until things can get streamlined. Really seems like heā€™s trying to do the right thing.

There was an e-mail that went out on Sept 27th saying every order should be delivered in the next 6-8 weeks.