Komplete 12 - worth it?

Keyswitching with a Kontrol has the added benefit of the coloured lights above the keys though which comes in incredibly handy. Also super handy with drum kits I’ve found.

I don’t think it is but I wonder if it’s possible to set Kontrol up in a way that the first octave is fixed to the keyswitches while the other 3 octaves can move up and down the range? That’d be Even handier to me.

1 Like

The guy that I stole the idea from about the separate controller for key switches happened to just get an NI S88 and post a video about it today. I just finished watching the video and towards the end he shows how to assign the buttons on that keyboard to notes in Komplete Kontrol. The lights look really handy!

It’s actually adorable seeing a guy his age get so excited about a keyboard, especially the lights. Lol.

It looks like NI, especially Kontakt, will be a big part of my music making going forward, so any new keyboard purchase should probably be one of theirs. I wish Arturia V Collection was NKS compatible, then it would be a total no brainer for me.

3 Likes

It is, for the most part, they just need to update most of their advertising.
Everything except Analog Lab and You can buy that NKS from freelancesoundlabs.com

Arturia support tells me that OBXa NKS will be in the next update too.

The non-NI part of my KK, all NKS:

(note i didn’t install entire V Collection, but the entire rest of it is NKS. That includes Melotron, Vox Continental, Clavinet, B3, CMI, Farfisa, Stage-73, Wurli, Piano - all definitely NKS)

It’s what makes me love having the M32. All of my virtual synths are right there. I can surf bass sounds on the Repro-1, Mini V3, Massive X, and Oberhausen all at the same time based on their tags, instantly, and without having to load each plug-in up.
It’s a fantastic system, especially for previewing Kontakt sounds.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I don’t know how I missed that. I need to figure out how to set that up! Thanks!

yes it is.

1 Like

I have an s49mk2 but still find myself tempted with the M32 due to footprint.

The thing I’d miss most on my s49 isn’t the screens - I don’t really use them - but the key lights. Actually a great tool in helping to learn scales and things too. The M32 is so affordable though there isn’t much harm in owning both I guess…

I still dream that Ableton will one day support NKS in a way that will mean direct control from Push. Doesn’t look like audiomodder has gone beyond KU11 which is a shame. I guess Kontrol has kind of killed it off a little bit.

1 Like