Infini keyboard from Kodamo

There is a thread on this forum for the Kodamo Bitmasker, a product teased a while back. That was to be a pocket sized product.

Maybe there is info that can be gained from that

ADDED : You even posted there HMB !

1 Like

Not April’s Fool is it?

Not by me.

This looks real to me. It’s been known for a while that Kodamo had a product in development.

Good eye! That was some classic HMB tomfoolery. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that up!

1 Like

If there was a tip off that this is a prank, this image is it.

But Kodamo is at SFF, and they have an image on their website, with the right number of keys, and it does fit with Kodamo having a product in process for a while called Bitmasker.

But this could be a very elaborate prank. Volkswagen did have the world convinced they were changing their name to Voltswagen, last year.

Anyone think this is a prank ?

ADDED : It would be a great head fake to convince everyone this is a Poisson d’Avril prank and then have it turn out to be a real product.

3 Likes

They’ve been showing off early renders of this thing for ages. Clearly it isn’t a prank. What would the joke be?

2 Likes

April Fools’ day. Other companies will be tricking people with fake products.

I think this is for real though.

1 Like

If this is a prank, it is a long-lasting and elaborate one:

3 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what the note between B and C would be called though !

2 Likes

Just a bad mock job.

Haven’t there also been articles based on things you’ve said?

I’ll be at the SFF, I’ll try to put my hands on it. I doubt it’s a prank : if you want to prank someone, you don’t announce it one week before !

1 Like

There’s more info on matrixsynth.com plus there’s a render of desktop synth.

isnt that just a C again but since there isnt a C# next to it its just a big ol white key

this looks really interesting!
Essence FM has been on my short list for a great while but havent pulled the trigger, since there are several factors which im still unsure of. BUT having keys is one big improvment (for me).

I also don’t see a key too much?

I don’t know much about Infini except that to my knowledge it is very real.
Regarding the Bitmasker I can’t say anything :zipper_mouth_face:
Not that I know much about it anyway.

1 Like

I really want to buy a FM synth. I did not bought the Opsix because I was waiting infos on the next Kodamo .
I’m still worried about the touch screen and the fact that there is no knobs on the infini.
Wait and see.

The EssenceFM is great. Look forward to hearing what this is all about.

2 Likes

Kodamo has been working on several things, so it is unclear, at least to me, the provenance of the Infini. It seems, from the little info i’ve come across on Infini to be a virtual analog and bitmask keyboard synth ( whatever exactly bitmasking is ) with some FM functions, rather than an Essence FM with a keyboard.

Certainly something to investigate. Touchscreens can be made to work really well and be reliable now days. It is an excellent way to pack a lot of functionality into a small package and provide an upgradable ui. Let’s hope this is a really well designed touchscreen. I get it, that some people just don’t like to interface by touching a screen, and that is a legitimate perspective.

Perhaps it is the render of the image, but aren’t there five small knobs ? Or are those something else ?

You did say a four track sequenced synth already a long time ago. So without breaking any NDA, you can say you said that. :slightly_smiling_face:

In the Infini image i do see four balanced audio outputs.

1 Like