Koala Sampler App

Happy to help man and glad you got through it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How do you guys sample from external into your ipads? I am looking for the easiest method. Adding a user interface requires a usb hub which adds too much stuff and cables to the ipad.

The best method for me currently is using my headset cable into the headphone jack of the ipad, but the cable is pretty long and unhandy. I tried a rode microphone adapter (trrs jack) but that didnt work.

Does someone have an easy and portable solution?

1 Like

Mic on the Ipad.

I consider an iPad with an audio interface portable, just as I do my laptop and an interface. I tend to bring either a small interface or my SP404mk2 to use with my iPad.

I record everything on a Blackbox, then import the wav files via sd card reader into the iPad. I know, this sounds archaic but the sound quality is great :wink:

if you know…you know…

6 Likes

Man,let him be. He took a bunch of L’s lately.

1 Like

:rofl::clap:

If you’re determined to use the TRRS jack input then an “lRig” will do the job. BUT some ipad models severely reduce the bass on this input, which limits the kind of things you can sample.

Picture

I have this but I cant bring myself to use it due to the ugly colours! Looks like Aston Villa strip.

Does the paid version allow changing the colours or just the background image?

1 Like

Nothing he hasn’t brought on himself.

2 Likes

Only the background image, but that helps already. The colors don’t bother me much tbh, Koala is really a brilliant piece of software, it is actually the only music-making App I use atm.

2 Likes

Actually this is my only complaint I have since the first version. I really can’t stand the Color sheme even though a good wallpaper can help a lot…

i kinda forgot about the usb port (apple lightning on mine) so that would work too, but i need something that can power from the ipad. I have seen a new irig usb dropping today, which reminded me of the usb port :sweat_smile:

Ever since downloading this background image I have been unbothered by Koalas look…

21 Likes

I have the classic SP-404 version skin, also unbothered by the look now.

1 Like

Some models also put a constant click-click-click all over the trs audio in. Irig or just earphones with mic. Any app. Going by much discussion online it seems to be unsolvable on a 9th gen iPad for example.

Finally landed on my favourite workflow and it’s Koala & Circuit Rhythm.

Koala for creating perfect loops and time stretch, Rhythm for drums, arrangement and performance.

5 Likes

That’s hot!

When using Koala as desktop, is there anyway to adjust the EQ curves like you can on mobile? trying gestures on the trackpad but it’s not working

1 Like