Koala Sampler App

@paulito thanks a lot for the mockup! Good way to hide it from sight when not in use! I’ll add to list. What do I owe ya?

I just posted a couple of tutorial videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2iBbHYRoAAXIMN28kc3PcZeaKQ7DNla6 along with Omar’s great tips and tricks video. More to come soon, so feel free to subscribe (and like) for more updates!!

you’re too kind, glad you like it! thanks a lot for creating this app and for listening to suggestions :slight_smile:

Just got to mention that I had no idea that the same dev is responsible for ‘sampletoy’ iOS which was one of my favourite samplers from years back.
It’s recently been updated so works again!
Check it out people, you can record it’s output into AudioShare and drop it into Koala from there, great way to expand sound design potential :+1:t3:
http://www.mazbox.com/apps/sampletoy/

Thanks @elf_audio

1 Like

Does anyone know if Koala responds to external velocity?

External via MIDI? Or external via hitting the screen harder?

1 Like

You joker!
External midi

Only half joking! Some iOS music apps can fake velocity using the accelerometer. GarageBand does this, for instance.

Sounds dodgy at best. Think I may just buy Koala anyway, looks like a mish-mash of SPx0x and TEPO K.O.

This is on android now as well. I’ve never gotten into music making on the phone, but this is a wonderful app. Made two short, shitty songs in 30 minutes while having a beer, recording people walking by. Really recommend getting it

awesome update :clap:

5 Likes

I had to look through @elf_audio’s replies on Twitter to figure out where it was last night. LOL.

But this update is simply amazing. And $2.99 for it is insane value

1 Like

A little out of left field play with the latest update. Love everything about this app:

2 Likes

has anyone tried the time-stretch algorythms? Koala always seemed like a good companion for Digitakt - as some sort of AUv3 stereo clip launcher, but the lack of time-stretching kinda threw me off… curious about how good it sounds…
also: does somebody knows how long can the samples be for each pad?

EDIT: seems like it can handle really long samples so… interesting. Could be used as some sort of stem player maybe…

2 Likes

Sounds good to me for 3.99

This app is how I got my Ableton Lite license. Can’t get it cheaper than 4 bucks.

incredible app
made this with it a few months ago for a remix contest

3 Likes

What. An. App.

btw - update the app, record a sample and look within edit to find the Samauri in-app purchase (timestretch, chopping & piano roll)

3 Likes

Although a Samurai update it is hidden more like a Ninja :joy:

8 Likes

Koala is wicked and the update / samurai in app purchase is a really great addition. I’ve been playing with it all weekend on the couch, using sounds from my environment to jam out with it.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the time stretching algorithms? How good does they sound across different sources / BPM?
Feeling like, with this update, it’s getting a bit into 1010Blackbox territory.

1 Like