Octatrack and Guitar

Yeah @Open_Mike uses this no ?
Track 2 for mangilng.
I used up to 6 track to mangle my guitar, pitch up, reverse, pitch down for bass sound ! :loopy:

2 Likes

exactly. First time I try pickups and I have such great fun at the moment. Looping ableton operator on the pickup, on track two I have the flex with pre sliced buffer… reversed and pitched up an octave, lfo modulating the slice number randomly. I set 16 trigs on the flex and use conditional trigs and love the OT all over once again :smiley:
now setting neighbour tracks. Can’t wait to get my guitar in here… Own this machine for 3 years and never tried this shit

5 Likes

3 years too ! Neighbors can be great, but it is messy for mutes !
Can’t find a workflow, maybe 4 tracks with neighbors…:sketchy:

1 Like

Sometimes I have a bunch of flex machines all playing the same pickup buffer even, one backwards, one octave up, one slice remix, one rate slow, etc… Mix and match!

5 Likes

I’ve had my eye on this topic, it’s right up my alley as I use the OT as the brains for a loop based setup and my main instrument is guitar. I’ve been tired lately so don’t feel like saying much but I’m sure I’ll chime in at some point. :monkey_face:

1 Like

yes this works really great. Very interested in your experiences. I’m very happy, that I tried this. Will be great with my modular as well!

Me too, my warranty just expired 2 weeks ago, I feel like I graduated… :grin:

1 Like

What about a party for our anniversaries !? :smile:
Mine is third hand , maybe 5 years old or more !

2 Likes

I’ll add to this thread when my synapses are firing correctly again :sweat_smile:, but if you want to see a little what I’ve got going on here’s this:

:rainbow::monkey::rainbow:

2 Likes

thanks. No hurry :smiley: Relax your synapses

1 Like

Flagged !

I recommend you this video for relaxation.
What an awesome pedal.

4 Likes

I have one of these (my 2nd - in foolishly sold my first) and am waiting for the next run to get a second; easily my favourite pedal of all time.

I wonder, now, how to get the Octa to behave in a similar way…

1 Like

I want one too. This and the bitquest… Pedals are amazing these days.
On the other hand, the OT could cover a lot of that stuff I guess

1 Like

Oh, totally. Pickup + tracks to do…stuff!

Current board…

6 Likes

I traded my Octatrack for a Rytm a few months back. The thing I miss the most is being able to quickly create loops and manipulate them like crazy. Pickup machines with guitar are really awesome. You can also assign a flex machine (or many!) to the same buffer as the pickup machine, so you can manipulate a loop further and/or have both the flex and pickup playing the same loop in different ways. I don’t have much to offer in the way of routing and your setup, but mostly it just depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.

A few examples of what I was doing with the OT and a guitar, just for kicks :thup:

6 Likes

Many possibilities with Ot, you can go further with Audio Editor Start / End. Play a sample with trigs, slice mode off, plock start points and/or modulate with lfos, and then select Start / End points in Audio Editor. Scenes with Playback Len, Pitch, Rate, Amp Atk/Rel… :thup:

4 Likes

If you think about it, with 8 track recorders, 8 tracks, the ability to place record and play trigs anywhere, along with different track lengths, scale, rate, pitch, slices, and 4 inputs with per trig record selection and resampling,…
The OT can be seen as a super complex and advanced custom designer delay pedal.
Add fx, scenes, and all the other OT stuff as well…

2 Likes

great board

So I’m a fool regarding technical stuff.
Could there be problems for the OT inputs if I audio comes from the fx loop send of my VoxAC30?
So I my routing might be: Guitar > Boss overdrive pedal > amp’s preamp section > fx loop send > OT > cue outs > delay + reverb pedal > fx loop return > amp speakers

Is there anything to take care of that could harm the OT?
Better options?
I like to avoid buying an amp simulator.