Knob on Monomachine Broke:(

So I’ve had the mono for about 1 year now and have encountered my first technical issue. The “H” knob no longer pushes down like it should with that “click”. It’s all loose now, it turns but cant get the same precision. I’m hoping this is an easy fix. Anyone had this issue?

I use the portamento a lot I guess…

Open a ticket with elektron support. I think they have replacement parts if you diy or you can send it in.

2 Likes

Thanks. So I reached out to them and they said its still under warranty but I bought this off ebay last March and don’t have the original receipt. I am awaiting a response from them.

1 Like

Try to Register the serial number on their site under your login.

2 Likes

Usually the warranty transfers. They know when it was manufactured from the serial number, I don’t think they demand the original receipt. Elektron are pretty good about this stuff.

3 Likes

It’s already registered, I guess by the guy who sold it to me. I reached out to him, maybe he needs to unregister to make this easier?

1 Like

Okay. The guys at Elektron are great very fast responses. The guy who sold me the unit also happens to be great, he sent me the receipt already and unregistered the MM so I could register it under my account. I’ll be shipping out my unit this week for repair in LA. Anyone have experience with shipping these out? Anything I should be aware of? Should I insure the package?

3 Likes

Regarding insurance:

Think about how you would feel if the package was lost or damaged and you didn’t have insurance.

2 Likes

Haha okay I will insure it.

If you have the receipt then ensuring works. Otherwise it’s useless.

Well, I do have a receipt. But it does not have my name on it. You think that will be an issue? Or is it just to prove the total value?

With insurances I always assume the worst :smiley:
But you may ask before paying for one.

I recently sent my MM+OT back to Sweden, I totally understand your feelings :confounded: