Kluboslavija

Video of the first instance of “Kluboslavija” parties. Kluboslavija is a repackaging of songs from Yugoslavia into a club friendly environment.

It is an hybrid setup using two Elektron devices, the OT and the AR, the OT as a two deck dj device with the prepared songs, and the AR as the drums. It’s hybrid since it is a DJ setup more or less.

Tech stuff

Each “deck” uses two tracks, on the neighbour there is a 4 to the floor filter trigger, filter envelope set to base, with no attack, decay around 54, and filter depth around 38. This makes a pseudo sidechain that takes out the bass frequencies whenever triggered, making way for the AR kick to shine. This unmuddies the mix significantly.
There is a slow designer LFO with smooth peaks and low values (1-3) with a small amount (1-5) going to pitch of the track, to emulate small pitch irregularities of tape or records. This is a subtle and unnoticable effect, to breathe a little life into short loops that loop for a while.

8 Likes

Ever use this Bijelo Dugme track? It’s a favorite of mine.

I’m not one who goes to see DJs but your set sounds / looks fun as hell! You should come gig in NYC. Cestitam!

3 Likes

Another instance of Yugoslav music in a hybrid remix set (OT+AR)
and a single word of english was not uttered the whole night

3 Likes

Kluboslavija as a term alone deserves a clean petica ! :joy:

To to to je to, hajde da se igramo! :yum:

Opa!

2 Likes

Kluboslavija part 2.1
OT, AR and a H9 into Allen Heath Xone 92

3 Likes

Does it have any relation to turbo-folk?

Great music and influences here!

1 Like

An odd song appears from time to time :laughing:

1 Like

Well, aside from what you’re doing which is inspiring in just how fun it is to listen to, I love watching the people behind you in that last video. I’m sitting here wondering what that woman was trying to tell you as you were twisting your knobs :nerd_face:

1 Like

so here is the latest serial, one of the most fun recorded, and I’m satisfied with my performance.

the setup is OT with the songs and a rhythm part on two separate channels in the A9, a Deluge for another rhythm part, and an LXR2 for another (mostly kick duties).
That covers all 4 channels of the mixer, 3 of them being rhythm, so the crossfader plays an important role.
I could sum it all down to just the OT, but I love the additional layers of control it brings me, three layers liven up the loop based beat, and the mixer effects add depth to transitions.