Kingston Mobilelite and Octatrack

Switching up the order of putting the OT in USB mode and plugging the cables into the Mobilelite can help you out

1 Like

Gaia.Tree you are the MAN! Here is the combination that works consistently for me. Get the app running with the USB cable plugged into the MLW but not connected to the OT. Start the OT - put it in USB mode and THEN plug in the USB cable to the OT - works like a charm.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a funky workaroundy solution but hey, easier than sampling in every hit and naming it with knobs!

1 Like

It totally works.

The process laid out by @mtclearwave worked the first time I tried it :grin:

The MobileLite app is a mess. So awkward and clunky that itā€™s hard to believe this isnā€™t a 1.0 version (itā€™s at 5.7 :man_facepalming:)

Anyway, I moved a bunch of loops I made in Auria on to my OT and was playing with them in less than 15 minutes. Good times come to me nowā€¦

So many possibility have just opened up :rainbow: :unicorn:

Thanks.

1 Like

The downside of this whole process is the Mobilelite app. If it was updated to support iOS copy and paste or the file browser in iOS 11 the whole process would be a lot better. I wish there was a way to copy folders, unfortunately there isnā€™t.

Yeah the Mobilelite app is pretty shwaggity. I believe Documents by Readdle might be able to access the drive though! Iā€™m going to test that out soon.

Nice, let us know what you find out :popcorn:

Might be fake news at this point, I know Readdle Documents can access ā€œsome home NAS drivesā€ but it looks like the Mobilelite is not on that list from my short attempts just now. Will keep on the trail.

It might be time to start bugging Kingston CS to update this app.

OTOH, it only took me a few minutes to transfer a full folder of kicks over, just transferring one by one. Its not that great for a huge folder of samples, but for a guy like me who has all of his DAWs on iOS and a super shitty laptop, this is the best optiom currently.

I would think that the mobilelite could be made to work with other apps too, not just Kingstonā€™s. At least when I use mine with my MBP, I do not need any special software, just a gdol ā€connect to serverā€¦ā€ will do.

Someone advertised in one thread that Beatmaker 3 exports directly into the mobilelite app, anyone tried this out?

That was me and yes it does! Itā€™s not perfect right now, sometimes my stems get rendered funky and sound like the first couple milliseconds are clipped off, but it does mostly work.

You go into the export menu, click tracks and select the start position and number of bars, and select which banks you wanna export. Then export, browse to your exported files, select and open in: Mobilelite